NH State Treasury - an official New Hampshire Government website
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
link to website translation page

UNIQUE College Investing Plan

The UNIQUE College Investing Plan is New Hampshire's tax-advantaged 529 college savings plan open to all U.S. residents – parents, grandparents, and family and friends can save with the UNIQUE Plan.

unique college investing plan logo

Benefits of the UNIQUE Plan include:

  • Earnings – Any earnings grow federal income tax deferred.
  • Withdrawals – Qualified withdrawals for education expenses are federal income tax free and exempt from New Hampshire interest and dividends tax.
  • Minimum Initial Investment – None.
  • High Contribution Limit – $553,098 per beneficiary.
  • Investment Options:
    • Age-based – Managed for you; asset allocation automatically becomes more conservative over time.
    • Custom – You decide how investments are distributed across different portfolios. Learn more about your investment options 
  • Investment Exchanges – Contributions and earnings may be reallocated twice each calendar year.
  • Account fees – There are no annual account maintenance fees and no income restrictions.
  • Investment expenses – Fees vary, depending on your investment strategy.

For more information about the UNIQUE Plan and how to open an account please visit the UNIQUE College Investing Plan at www.fidelity.com/UNIQUE or visit the Frequently Asked Questions page – 529 College Savings Program Questions.

For Plan Performance information please view the most recent UNIQUE College Investing Plan Annual Report.

unique college investing video link
Video Transcript: A young couple is holding a newborn baby,
the baby is now a young boy swinging on a tree swing,
and now an older boy with his friends launching a model rocket,
and now he is a young man graduating from high school.

Cherish the present. Prepare for the future with the UNIQUE College Investing Plan.

Call 800.Fidelity or visit Fidelity.com/UNIQUE to learn more or open an Account.

New Hampshire State Treasury
25 Capitol Street, Room 121  |  Concord, NH 03301
(603) 271-2621  |  fax: (603) 271-3922
Abandoned Property:
(800) 791-0920 (in New Hampshire)  |  
(603) 271-2619