NH State Treasury - an official New Hampshire Government website
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
link to website translation page

529 College Savings Program

College Savings Plans, commonly referred to as "529 Plans" are flexible, tax-advantaged investment accounts specifically designed to help families save for future college costs.

529 Plans are offered by individual states, but you are not required to be a resident of a particular state to invest in that state's plan. These plans are established in Section 529 of the Internal Revenue Code and require state sponsorship in order for participants to be eligible for federal income tax benefits.

The State of New Hampshire offers two 529 College Savings Plans, the UNIQUE College Investing Plan and the Fidelity Advisor 529 Plan, which are contractually administered, by Fidelity Investments with fiduciary oversight provided by the College Tuition Savings Plan Advisory Commission. The primary difference between the two Plans is that the Fidelity Advisor 529 Plan is marketed to the clients of non-Fidelity financial advisors that do not administer their own proprietary plan, while the UNIQUE Plan is offered directly to Fidelity retail investors. All Plan assets are held in trust with the New Hampshire State Treasurer serving as Trustee pursuant to RSA 195-H:4,IV.

College Planning Resources

New Hampshire State Treasury
25 Capitol Street, Room 121  |  Concord, NH 03301
(603) 271-2621  |  fax: (603) 271-3922
Abandoned Property:
(800) 791-0920 (in New Hampshire)  |  
(603) 271-2619