||Arts in Education Program
New Hampshire Poetry Out Loud Program 2013-2014
Congratulations to all NH Poetry Out Loud Competitors and to NH State Champion Hannah Burke, Jesse Remington High School, Candia (left) and to NH Alternate Dessaline Etienne, Goffstown High School (right)
Photo by Thomas Dougherty
VIDEO OF NH POETRY OUT LOUD FINALS COMPETITION NOW AVAILABLE
An edited film version of the NH Poetry Out Loud 2014 Finals Competition has been broadcast by Wolfeboro Community TV25 and is available online at: http://wctv.ezstream.com/broadcasts/index.cfm?fuseaction=usrbrd&broadcasterid=58647&mobi=0. (You may purchase a DVD of the state finals by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .) Special thanks to Wolfeboro Community TV and Peter Pijoan, the station’s manager for taking the time to film and edit our NH POL State Finals this year.
Welcome to the ninth year of New Hampshire's Poetry Out Loud competition. The program becomes more popular every year, and to stay within our resources, we are limiting particpation to the first 40 schools who sign up.
Contact your local school or the Poetry Out Loud coordinators listed below for information on how to join the program.
We welcome participation from home school groups.
Registration for Poetry Out Loud 2013-14 is now closed.
* Alert on Poetry Out Loud State Finals and Weather related information *
Poetry Out Loud State Finals will be rescheduled for March 17, 2014, 7 pm at the State House in Concord, due to concerns with road conditions in all parts of the state. As a statewide program, we want to assure that all students, teachers and citizens throughout the state are able to participate and travel safely.
Contact information for POL Coordinators is at the bottom of this page. To reach the main office, 271-2789.
Important Dates for 2013-2014 New Hampshire Poetry Out Loud:
- November 1, 2013: Registration Deadline
- October, 2013 - February, 2014: New Hampshire Poetry Out Loud 2013-2014 curriculum and competitions
- February 21, 2014: Deadline for completing School Championships
- February 23, 1-4 pm: Celebration and Clinic for all student champions & alternates (Holderness School, Plymouth)
- March 1, 2014: Deadline for submitting school champion/alternate champions’ semi finals information forms
- March 4-11, 2014: Regional Semi-Finals Competitions - See list of schools participating in each semi-final event
- March 4th, 7 pm, UNH, Durham (Snow date 3/6)
- March 5th, 7 pm, Jean's Playhouse, Lincoln (Snow date 3/12)
- March 7th, 7 pm, Southern NH University, Manchester (Snow date 3/11)
- March 10th, 7 pm, New England College, Henniker (Snow date 3/11)
- March 13, 7 pm doors open at 6:30:
NH State Finals Championship, Statehouse, Concord
- March 17, 2014, 7pm doors open at 6:30: NH State Finals Championship (Snow date), Statehouse, Concord
- March 22, 2014: Deadline for submitting names of NH POL State Champion & Alternate
- April 29-30, 2014: National Championship in Washington, DC at the Lisner Auditorium, The George Washington University. Admission is free and open to the public and the semis and finals will also be webcast live at arts.gov.
For New Hampshire Schools and Teachers:
Don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader®? Click here to download for free!
For more information contact:
March 27, 2014