Building Creative Communities Through The Arts
For questions, call Judy Rigmont, email@example.com, (207)439-7523
The State Arts Council provides a variety of grants and services directed at improving the quality of life in communities through engagement in the arts. We strive to make the arts accessible to all citizens and therefore support projects that reach out to underserved populations who have limited access to the arts owing to geographic isolation, economic barriers and health challenges. The State Arts Council also recognizes the importance the arts have in a healthy economy and therefore encourage local investment in the arts in order to strengthen the creative economy.
The State Arts Council has a variety of grants that support creative communities. To learn more, click here.
Creative Communities Network:
In FY2010, the State Arts Council initiated a partnership to support the emerging Creative Communities Network, a statewide consortium of local/regional arts councils, arts organizations, municipal arts commissions and agencies, Main Street programs, chambers of commerce, and economic development agencies. The Network’s mission is: To strengthen and promote economic and community development across New Hampshire through the arts, artists and creative industries.
Goals of the partnership are to:
- Encourage community members, organizations, and municipal/community leaders to strengthen the creative economy by supporting local arts programming, artists, and art businesses.
- Educate municipal/community leaders on the value of local investment in the arts by supporting the development of cultural plans, local arts agencies/arts commissions, arts and economic development strategies, cultural tourism efforts, local and regional economic impact studies, and public art programs.
- Support collaborative arts projects involving community members, organizations, and professional NH artists who engage community members in the arts-making process resulting in the creation of public art.
- Support and strengthen existing and new arts councils/commissions, alliances and consortia as well as non-arts organizations that offer arts programs on an ongoing basis.
- Promote model community, planning, economic development and cultural tourism projects involving the arts.
- Develop/strengthen partnerships with those involved in planning, tourism, economic and community development, and business sectors.
NH Creative Communities Network
Members – 2012
- Arts Alive! (Keene area)
- Arts Alliance of Northern New Hampshire
- Art Esprit, (Rochester)
- Art-Speak, Portsmouth Cultural Commission (seacoast area)
- ArtVentures New Hampshire (statewide)
- AVA Gallery & Arts Center (Lebanon)
- Belnap County Economic Development Corporation
- Center for the Arts (Lake Sunapee region)
- Children’s Museum of New Hampshire (Dover)
- City Arts Nashua
- Creative Concord
- Dover Arts Commission
- Great Mills Management (statewide)
- Lamprey Arts and Culture Alliance (Newmarket)
- Lebanon Recreation & Parks Department
- Manchester Arts Commission
- Manchester Economic Development Office
- MoCo Arts (Keene)
- Nashua Arts Commission
- New Hampshire Business Committee for the Arts
- Peterborough Cultural Planning Committee
- Portsmouth Economic Development Program
- Rochester Main Street Program
- Rochester Opera House
- Upper Valley Arts Alliance
May 3, 2013