The Richard M. Flynn Fire Academy is a state-of-the-art training and educational facility dedicated to meeting the training needs of New Hampshire’s emergency responders. Located in Concord, the Academy provides a wide variety of training opportunities and facilities which include: two "burn buildings," classrooms, an auditorium, dormitory, fire station and an exercise room.
The Academy serves as a tribute to the perseverance of the New Hampshire fire service, legislators, insurance industry, and concerned citizens in providing modern training opportunities to New Hampshire’s firefighters.
Groundbreaking ceremonies were held at the Academy site in 1993. The administration building was completed in 1994 with the fire station and dormitory following in 1997.
The Academy is constantly undergoing change to meet new challenges and to afford New Hampshire’s firefighters and emergency responders the most current training available.
* Fire Fighting:
* Hazardous Materials:
Incident Command System
* Technical Rescue:
Rescue Systems I
Rescue Systems II
Introduction to Technical Rescue Skills (I.T.R.S.)
Confined Space Rescue
* Driver - Operator:
All Vehicle - Apparatus
Basic Pump Operations
* Fire Officer I & II
* Industrial Fire Brigade Training
* Aircraft Rescue Firefighter NFPA 1003
* Fire & Emergency Services Instructor I, II & III
* Fire Inspector I & II
* National Fire Academy:
* Special Interest Seminars
* Fire Department Promotional Testing Service
The Academy enjoys some of the newest training props available in the fire service today. The facilities include:
- 82-bed dormitory
- 110-seat auditorium
- Computer lab
- Exercise room
- 8 Classrooms
- 1 Seminar room
- 100-seat cafeteria
- Administrative offices
- State-of-the-art printing facility
- Fire Service library
The Academy also has a wide variety of fixed and mobile training simulators that complement the facilities and meet the training needs of our customers.
These simulators include:
- Propane-fired, two story, live fire facility
- Flashover simulator
- A two-story mercantile Class "A" burn building with a five-story tower and three burn rooms
- Mobile SCBA maze trailer
- Mobile burn trailer
- Propane-fired flammable liquids simulator
- Three operational sprinkler mockups
- Hazardous Materials Technician support
In 1997, the Academy took delivery of three pieces of apparatus used to support our programs:
- 1997 KME 100’ ladderwith 2000 G.P.M. pump
- 1997 KME 1250 G.P.M. pumper
- 1997 KME rescue
Included with this purchase were extrication tools, equipment trailers, SCBAs, and protective clothing.