skip navigationOfficial State of NH Site
DOS Logo DOA Banner

Road Toll Bureau
Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) Program

Notice To All Interstate Motor Carriers and Motor Private Carriers

If you operate a truck or bus in interstate or international commerce the federal Unified Carrier Registration Agreement (UCR) applies to your business.

The UCR requires individuals and companies that operate commercial motor vehicles in interstate or international commerce to register their business with New Hampshire and pay an annual fee based on the size of their fleet. You must register for the calendar year 2015 by December 31, 2014 in order to be in compliance with this filing requirement.

For purposes of determining fees, a "commercial motor vehicle" is defined as a self-propelled vehicle used on the highways in commerce principally to transport passengers or cargo, if the vehicle:

  • has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross vehicle weight of at least 10,001 pounds, whichever is greater; or
  • is designed to transport more than 10 passengers, including the driver; or
  • is used in transporting hazardous materials in a quantity requiring placarding.


If you operated in 2014 and did not register in the UCR, you must pay your 2014 UCR fees to avoid possible enforcement action.


Fees Under The Unified Carrier Registration Plan and Agreement

For Registration Years 2015, 2014, and 2013

Number of CMVs owned or operated by exempt or non-exempt motor carrier, motor private carrier, or freight forwarder
Fee per entity for exempt or non-exempt motor carrier, motor private carrier, or frieght forwarder Fee per entity for broker or leasing company
B1 0-2 $76 $76
B2 3-5 $227 ---
B3 6-20 $452 ---
B4 21-100 $1,576 ---
B5 101-1,000 $7,511 ---
B6 1,001 and above $73,346 ---

To avoid delays it is highly recommended that you register in the national UCR on-line system hosted by the Indiana Department of Revenue. Go to and follow the step by step instructions. Payments may be made on-line using Mastercard, Visa, or e-Check. If you plan on registering by mail or in person, please follow the instructions on the application. For UCR application and related information click on the following link:

Unified Carrier Registration Program-Forms

To learn more about UCR,
go to or call (603) 271-2311

  New Hampshire Department of Safety | 33 Hazen Drive | Concord, NH 03305
TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964
nh | Privacy Policy | Accessibility Policy