Veteran's Home header graphic
New Hampshire Veterans Home banner
Website Name - an official New Hampshire Government website
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size


Who is eligible for admission to the Veterans Home?

JB's memories
JB's memories
  • The applicant must have been honorably discharged from any of the armed forces, reserves or the NH Army/Air National Guard. There is no requirement for service in combat or to have a service-connected disability.
  • The applicant must have been a resident of the State of New Hampshire for at least one year prior to the date of application OR had New Hampshire listed as their "home of record" on military discharge papers.
  • There is no minimum age to be eligible to apply.
  • The applicant's condition(s) must be within the Home's resources and ability to treat.
  • The applicant may not present potential harm to self or other residents.
  • An applicant's assets will determine their financial contribution to room and board. There is a one-year financial look-back period. A house is not counted as an asset if occupied by applicant's spouse.

For more information, visit our Frequently Asked Questions section.

New Hampshire Veterans Home
139 Winter Street  |  Tilton, NH 03276-5415  |  
(p) 603-527-4400  |  (f) 603-286-4242