|| Arts Education Artist Roster
Teaching artists on the Arts Education Roster work as both artists and educators. They are important resources for students, teachers and schools in New Hampshire. They can bring unique real world knowledge and perspectives into the classroom and can play a crucial role in the process of arts learning and developing creative thinking. Experienced and successful teaching artists know how to be effective partners in education. All Roster artists have gone through a jurying review process and can be included in:
- Short and long term in-school and after-school residencies where discipline specific learning in the arts can occur in dance, theatre, media, visual arts, music, poetry, etc.
- Arts experiences, including in-school performances, as well as field trips to studios, galleries, museums and performances.
- The achievement of arts education standards and competencies with curriculum based arts instruction in pre K - grade 12.
- Arts integration throughout all curriculum as a way of engaging all students with a variety of learning styles in the learning process (ex. STEAM: Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics + the Arts).
- Professional development in the arts for teachers, administrators, parents and community members.
- Lifelong learning and creative aging with the arts through community arts events, classes and workshops.
You can search the Roster by artist name, discipline, or region. Fees for Roster artists may be eligible for funding through State Arts Council grants.
The New England Foundation for the Arts (NEFA) has launched CreativeGround, a free online resource for New England. This online directory includes profiles for cultural nonprofits like libraries and theaters, creative businesses like recording studios and design agencies, and artists of all disciplines such as performing arts, visual arts, and crafts. You can search for artists and see or hear samples of their work, find a venue, or create your own free profile as an artist, venue, or cultural organization.
Click here for more information on the Arts Education Artist Roster, including info on artist fees, notes to presenters, and more.
Click here if you are you interested in applying to be on the Arts Education Artist Roster.
June 15, 2017