Mandatory Boating Education
New Hampshire has a mandatory boating education law. Everyone 16 years of age and older who operates a motorboat over 25 horsepower on New Hampshire waters must have a boating education certificate.
New Hampshire accepts the following boating education certificates:
- A boating certificate issued by another State agency and NASBLA approved.
- A boating certificate issued by the US Power Squadron.
- A boating certificate issued by the US Coast Guard Auxiliary.
- An unexpired commercial boating license issued by the US Coast Guard.
- An unexpired commercial boating license issued by the State of New Hampshire.
If you wish to operate a motorboat on New Hampshire waters and you do not have any of the above certificates, please sign up for one of our classroom courses listed below. The State proctored examination is included with the classroom course and is given during the last hour of the class.
Boating Education Course Schedule and Registration
Students may now register online for a Boating Education course. Click on the appropriate link below to sign up.
Complete the New Hampshire On-Line Course. Upon successful completion of the online course, you must register and successfully pass a proctored exam before receiving your certificate card. After completing your course online, register for your proctored exam below.
Boating Education Proctored Exam Schedule
NOTICE: If you completed an online course between March 1, 2015 and March 15, 2016 please register for your proctored exam by calling 1-888-254-2125 ext #1.