NH Division of Motor Vehicles
NH Division of Motor Vehicles - an official New Hampshire Government Website
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
skip navigation

Title > Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Verification

When a VIN Verification is Required

  • Abandoned vehicles.
  • US government vehicles.
  • Antique vehicles.
  • Vehicles from a Foreign Country (i.e. Canada).
  • Vehicles coming from a State that only requires a title for vehicle 10 years and newer.
  • Vehicles that are registered in New Hampshire, but the new owner does not have the previous registration.
  • Homemade trailers that weigh less than 3,000 lbs..

A VIN Verification may also be required if there is a discrepancy between the VIN in the DMV records and the VIN provided by the customer.

Who Can Verify a VIN

A VIN Verification formAdobe Acrobat Reader Symbol(TDMV 19A) may only be completed by a New Hampshire authorized inspection station, a New Hampshire authorized vehicle dealer or a New Hampshire law enforcement officer. There is no fee owed to the DMV when turning in this form; however, the authorized agent may require a fee at the time of verification.

Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.

New Hampshire Division of Motor Vehicles | 23 Hazen Drive | Concord, NH 03305
TDD Access: RELAY NH (7-1-1)