NH Division of Motor Vehicles
NH Division of Motor Vehicles - an official New Hampshire Government Website
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
skip navigation

Title > Apply for a Title > Make Corrections to a Title

Corrections may be made to a New Hampshire title and a new corrected title will be reissued. Corrections may include, but are not limited to:

  • The model name of the vehicle.
  • The number of axles the vehicle has.
  • The mileage.
  • A name change for one or more of the owners.
  • Change of the lienholder.
  • Whether the vehicle is new or used.

To obtain a corrected title, take the existing New Hampshire title to your Town/City Clerk's office. The Town/City Clerk must prepare a new title application (form TDMV 23A). The application should then be mailed directly to the Division of Motor Vehicles or submitted for you by your Town/City Clerks' office. The title application, along with the prior title, the $25.00 fee and the reason for the change must be submitted.

To add or change ownership of a vehicle, follow the instructions for Selling or Transferring a Vehicle.

If a mileage correction is required, you must provide a signed statement from the person who originally misstated the odometer reading. Notarization is not required.

New Hampshire Division of Motor Vehicles | 23 Hazen Drive | Concord, NH 03305
TDD Access: RELAY NH (7-1-1)