NH Division of Motor Vehicles
NH Division of Motor Vehicles - an official New Hampshire Government Website
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
skip navigation

Registration > Motor Vehicle Dealers > Transporter

A Transporter Registration is for any person who has an established place of business within this state who moves any motor vehicle for someone else for hire.


  1. Original completed Application for Transporter RegistrationAdobe Acrobat Reader Symbol.
  2. Lease – Copy in the name of the owner/business.
  3. Must be transporting non-registered vehicles which are not owned by the transporter.

Location Requirements:

  1. Established place of business.
  2. Regular business hours. Minimum of 37½ hours per week between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
  3. Signage must be visible from a public way with 10 inch letters.
  4. The dealer desk sends a municipal letter to the town/city for their written recommendation.


  1. Transporting for hire only.
  2. Repossessions can be done on a transport plate if the transporter is not the owner of the vehicle as stated in the repossession papers.
  3. Cannot sell retail, wholesale or exchange vehicles.
  4. No personal use.
  5. Loaning of plates prohibited.

New Hampshire Laws pertaining Retail Dealers:

  1. RSA 259:114
  2. RSA 261:114

Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.

New Hampshire Division of Motor Vehicles | 23 Hazen Drive | Concord, NH 03305
TDD Access: RELAY NH (7-1-1)