NH Division of Motor Vehicles
NH Division of Motor Vehicles - an official New Hampshire Government Website
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
skip navigation

Driver Licensing > Veteran Indicator

Effective July 1, 2014, RSA 263:40 allows a Veteran with an Honorable Discharge to request to have a Veteran Indicator on their New Hampshire Driver License, Commercial Driver License or Non-Driver ID card for the purposes of identification for receiving benefits and services under New Hampshire law.

To obtain a Veteran Indicator, please fill out the appropriate application (Driver License or Non-Driver IDAdobe Acrobat Reader Symbolor Commercial Driver LicenseAdobe Acrobat Reader Symbol), and bring it to any one of our DMV locations around the State, along with proof of Honorable Discharge, as defined in RSA 21:50.

If you wish to add this indicator during your renewal, there will be no additional cost; however, if you wish to add the indicator outside of your renewal period please be advised that there is a $3.00 fee for the replacement license or ID card.

Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.

New Hampshire Division of Motor Vehicles | 23 Hazen Drive | Concord, NH 03305
TDD Access: RELAY NH (7-1-1)