NH Division of Motor Vehicles
NH Division of Motor Vehicles - an official New Hampshire Government Website
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
skip navigation

Driver Licensing > Commercial Driver License > Fingerprinting

The DMV requires fingerprinting for Commercial Driver applicants who want to apply for a Hazadous Material Endorsement, or want to renew that endorsement. Applicants are required to receive a Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) Fingerprint Clearance before applying for or renewing the endorsement.

Steps to Apply for or Renew a Hazmat Endorsement

  1. Before coming the DMV, you must pre-register for a TSA Clearance by registering online at the Hazprints Website or contact a Hazprints representative by telephone at (855) 347-8371.
  2. Fingerprints for a Hazmat endorsement may be taken at any Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) location; however, these services are not available on state holidays.
  3. The TSA will mail the results of the fingerprint assessment to you normally within 30 days. Once you receive your notification in the mail, you are eligible to apply for the endorsement at the DMV.
  4. Take the 30 question Hazmat Knowledge test. Please prepare for the test by studying the appropriate sections of the NH Commercial Driver ManualAdobe Acrobat Reader Symbol.

Non-Hazmat Fingerprinting

There are other professions such as nurses, day care providers and teachers who may require fingerprinting services. An individual who wants to have fingerprints taken for a Non-Hazmat related reason must contact NH State Police at (603) 223-3867 to set up an appointment.

Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.

New Hampshire Division of Motor Vehicles | 23 Hazen Drive | Concord, NH 03305
TDD Access: RELAY NH (7-1-1)