This page provides information on a range of miscellaneous housing topics
- Housing Commissions: A New Voice for Housing in Your Community
- Active Housing Commissions in New Hampshire
- Appointments and terms of Housing Commission members (RSA 673:4-c)
- Powers and Duties of a Housing Commission
- Manufactured Housing Coops in New Hampshire
- New Hampshire Manufactured Housing Association
- State of New Hampshire Board of Manufactured Housing
- There are multiple definitions of "multi-family" in state statute ranging from a minimum of 2 to 5 units, which are specific to different programs/regulations:
- RSA 674:43, I - a municipality, having adopted a zoning ordinance as provided in RSA 674:16, and where the planning board has adopted subdivision regulations as provided in RSA 674:36, may by ordinance or resolution further authorize the planning board to require preliminary review of site plans and to review and approve or disapprove site plans for the development or change or expansion of use of tracts for nonresidential uses or for multi-family dwelling units, which are defined as any structures containing more than 2 dwelling units, whether or not such development includes a subdivision or resubdivision of the site.
- RSA 674:58, II - "Multi-family housing" for the purpose of workforce housing developments, means a building or structure containing 5 or more dwelling units, each designed for occupancy by an individual household.
- RSA 204-C:1, XXII - "Multi-family housing" shall mean housing consisting of 5 or more units for NHHFA related programs.
- RSA 354-A:2, III - The NH State Commission for Human Rights defines "Covered multifamily dwellings" as:
(a) Buildings consisting of 4 or more units if such buildings have one or more elevators; and
(b) Ground floor units in other buildings consisting of 4 or more units.