The Planning Division offers many services to state, regional and local officials and interested citizens relating to planning, zoning, and land use.
Services provided by the Planning Division include:
Data and Maps
Provides a summary of the data and maps produced or compiled by the Planning Division and by other state agencies and organizations for use by municipalities and other stakeholders.
OSI Planning and Zoning Training
Includes information about upcoming and past planning and zoning training opportunities conducted or facilitated by the Planning Division. Includes information and links to the current and past OSI Annual Planning and Zoning Conference, which is required under RSA 673:3-a and has been held since 1994.
Provides an online discussion and information-sharing forum for the New Hampshire planning, zoning and land use regulation community that is hosted and moderated by the Planning Division.
Planning Conferences and Events
Provides a summary of upcoming planning-related conferences and events conducted by the Planning Division and its planning partners.
A summary of current planning-related news items compiled weekly by the Planning Division.
- Conservation Land Stewardship Program – provides technical assistance to municipalities and state agencies on monitoring and protecting locally-held and state-held conservation easements.
- Council on Resources and Development – provides assistance and staff support to the Council in fulfilling their responsibilities.
- Floodplain Management Program – provides technical assistance on floodplain management and development, floodplain regulations, floodplain mapping, and the National Flood Insurance Program.
- Geographic Information Systems – provides technical assistance and support on statewide mapping and geographic analyses.
- Intergovernmental Review Process – provides technical assistance to state agencies on the process and its requirements.
- Municipal and Regional Planning Assistance – provides technical assistance on laws, regulations, and topics related to planning, zoning, and land use.
- State Data Center (Census Data) – provides technical assistance on demographic and housing data produced by OSI and the U.S. Census Bureau.
Zoning Amendment Calendars
Provides the zoning amendment calendars for the annual spring traditional town meetings and official ballot (SB2) meetings that are produced by the Planning Division.
Information about the Planning Division’s programs and resources can be found on the Planning Division home page.