The Board of Adjustment in New Hampshire: A Handbook for Local Officials outlines the organization, functions and duties of Zoning Boards of Adjustment in New Hampshire.
This handbook is designed to serve as an introduction to the organization, powers, duties and procedures of boards of adjustment in New Hampshire. It is a resource to acquaint board members and other interested persons with the basic responsibilities of the board of adjustment and to suggest procedures by which the work of the board can be carried out in a fair and effective manner.
Hardcopies are available to order using our Publications Order Form or by calling (603) 271-2155.
The Board of Adjustment in New Hampshire - A Handbook for Local Officials - November 2019
- Zoning Board of Adjustment Handbook - November 2019
- Cover, Table of Contents, Amendments, Introduction
- Map of NH showing towns without a comprehensive zoning ordinance
- Chapter I: Organization
- Chapter II: Powers and Duties of the Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Chapter III: Procedures
- Chapter IV: Appeal from Board’s Decision
- Appendix A: Suggested Rules of Procedure for Local Boards of Adjustment
- Appendix B: Instructions to Applicants Appealing to the Board of Adjustment
- Appendix C: Suggested Forms
- Appendix D: Zoning Board of Adjustment Case Law
- Appendix E: Simplex v. Newington Background Information
- Appendix F: RSAs Referenced