The Board of Adjustment in New Hampshire: A Handbook for Local Officials outlines the organization, functions and duties of Zoning Boards of Adjustment in New Hampshire.
This handbook is designed to serve as an introduction to the organization, powers, duties and procedures of boards of adjustment in New Hampshire. It is a resource to acquaint board members and other interested persons with the basic responsibilities of the board of adjustment and to suggest procedures by which the work of the board can be carried out in a fair and effective manner.
Hard copies are available to order using our Publications Order Form or by calling (603) 271-2155.
The Board of Adjustment in New Hampshire - A Handbook for Local Officials - March 2021
- Zoning Board of Adjustment Handbook - March 2021
- Appendix A: Suggested Rules of Procedure for Local Boards of Adjustment
- Appendix B: Instructions to Applicants Appealing to the Board of Adjustment
- Appendix C: Suggested Forms
- Appendix D: Zoning Board of Adjustment Case Law
- Appendix E: Simplex v. Newington Background Information
- Appendix F: RSAs Referenced