The Planning Board in New Hampshire: A Handbook for Local Officials outlines the organization, functions and duties of Planning Boards in New Hampshire.
This handbook is designed to serve as an introduction to the organization, powers, duties and procedures of planning boards in New Hampshire. It is a resource to acquaint board members and other interested persons with the basic responsibilities of the planning board and to suggest procedures by which the work of the board can be carried out in a fair and effective manner.
Hardcopies are available to order using our Publications Order Form or by calling (603) 271-2155.
The Planning Board in New Hampshire - A Handbook for Local Officials - December 2017
- Entire December 2017 Handbook
- Entire 2017 Planning Board Handbook compared with 2016 version
- Cover, Table of Contents, Introduction
- Chapter I: Organization
- Chapter II: Non-Regulatory Functions
- Chapter III: Regulatory Functions
- Chapter IV: Application, Submission & Review Procedures
- Chapter V: Working With Other Boards and Organizations
- Appendix A: Sources of Assistance
- Appendix B: Public Notices for Subdivision and Site Plan Review
- Appendix C: Suggested Rules of Procedure for Planning Boards
- Appendix D: Checklists
- Appendix E: Criteria for Determining Regional Impact
- Appendix F: Procedure for Application Review (RSA 676:4)
- Appendix G: How To Be a Good Board Member