This web page provides up-to-date information, resources, and training for planning and zoning board members and staff members to utilize during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Upcoming Trainings and Events
- NHMA's COVID-19 Call for Municipal Officials – Every Thursday from 1 to 3 pm
Recurring Thursday weekly call by NHMA attorneys for municipal officials and employees on issues and matters arising from the COVID-19 pandemic. All municipal officials from member municipalities are encouraged to listen in. The purpose of the calls is to learn about continuing and new issues municipalities are facing, as well as to try to answer questions.
2021 Annual Meeting
- NH Municipal Association guidance on 2021 Annual Meeting (per HB 1129)
- Practical Considerations for Conducting a Successful Optional Annual Meeting under HB 1129 (Drummond Woodsum)
- Governor’s Emergency Orders (Issued Pursuant to Executive Order 2020-04)
Office of Strategic Initiatives
- Tips for NH Land Use Boards During COVID-19 Outbreak (UPDATED May 27, 2020)
Public Meetings and Right-to-Know Guidance
- Department of Justice
- Memo and Checklist regarding How to Conduct Emergency Meetings in Compliance with New Hampshire's Right-to-Know Law in Light of COVID-19 Concerns (State of New Hampshire, Department of Justice, March 31, 2020)
- New Hampshire Municipal Association
Best Practices on Virtual Meetings
- UNH Cooperative Extension
- Tips and Tools for Virtual Meetings – provides resources, best practices and tools to make virtual meetings more efficient. Includes links to recorded webinars.
- UNH Cooperative Extension General COVID-19 Resources