Session handout materials and information from the Spring 2011 Planning and Zoning conference.
All documents have been saved in Portable Document Format .
8:45 - 9:00 Plenary Session
9:00 - 10:15 Concurrent Sessions
- Basics for the Planning Board
- The Basics and Roles of the Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Beyond Dotting the I's and Crossing the T's: Why is Planning Important?
- Legal Update
- Understanding and Getting Beyond the NH Ten Year Plan
- Floodplain Regulations In-Depth
- Floodplain Regulations in Depth
- Highlights of ASCE 24-05 Flood Resistant Design and Construction
- Provisions of the 2009 I-Codes and ASCE 24 that are "Higher Standards" or that are More Specific than the NFIP Requirements
- NFIP Fact Sheet #3 - Preventing Common Building Violations
- NFIP Fact Sheet #5 - 12 Key Floodplain Management Regulations
10:30 - 11:45 Concurrent Sessions
- Planning Board Roles and Responsibilities
- GIS Tools Available to Planners Through NH DOT and Partners
- The Built Environment: Blending the Old and New
- Planning New Development to Ensure an Adequate Water Supply
12:45 - 2:00 Concurrent Sessions
- The ZBA Decision Making Process
- Getting it Built: Municipal Project Funding Through NH DOT
- Putting Your Master Plan to Work (no materials available)
- Your Community by the Numbers!
- Energy Assistance for Municipalities: First Year Update
2:15 - 3:30 Concurrent Sessions
- Planning Board and ZBA Role Play Workshop
- The Community Roadmap to Renewable Woody Biomass Energy
- NH DOT and the Development Review Process: the What, Why, When, Who & How
- Targeting the Future
- Putting US Census Data to Work in Your Town
- Tomorrow's Drinking Water: Identifying and Preserving Valuable Groundwater Areas in Your Community (no materials available)