Information about upcoming and on-going floodplain management training and education in New Hampshire and across the country.
Upcoming NFIP Training Opportunities
- NHOSI is offering free Elevation Certificate (EC) training for community officials as part of the next NH Community Rating System (CRS) Users Group meeting on March 16th from 1pm to 3pm in Nashua. The training will provide an overview of the FEMA Elevation Certificate form, what it is used for, best practices to review completed ECs, and a discussion about common errors. Any NFIP community (not just CRS communities or those interested in joining CRS) can potentially benefit from attending this training—community officials from all NFIP communities are welcome. To RSVP, please contact Samara Ebinger of NHOSI at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-271-1755.
- OSI is holding a free Floodplain Administrator 101 training workshop for local community officials in Litchfield on April 9th, 2020 from 9am to 12pm. The workshop is intended for community officials who administer and enforce floodplain regulations, review applications and/or issue permits for development in floodplain areas, and for other community officials who are interested in learning more about a community’s responsibilities as a participant in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). For more information or to RSVP, please contact Samara Ebinger of OSI at email@example.com or 603-271-1755
Free Online NFIP and Community Rating System Training Webinars
Free online webinars are available through FEMA's contractor, STARR about various aspects of the NFIP including the Community Rating System. Many of the courses are eligible for CEC credits for Certified Floodplain Managers (CFM).
Visit this page to register or to check on upcoming courses (click the "Upcoming" tab). New Hampshire is in FEMA Region 1.
Free Online NFIP Self-Study Training Courses in Basic and Advanced Flood Insurance Topics
NFIP Training Workshop
- All Audiences
- Surveyor Course
- Agent Courses
- Adjustor Courses
Mostly Free Onsite Floodplain Management and Emergency Management Courses
- Floodplain Management and Emergency Management Courses are offered by FEMA at the Emergency Management Institute in Emmitsburg, Maryland. All courses are free to State and Local personnel, including a reimbursement for your travel. Some courses that are offered include E273 "Managing Floodplain Development Through the NFIP", E278 "Community Rating System", and E194 "Advanced Floodplain Management Concepts." If you are interested in taking a course, please contact OSI's Floodplain Management Staff.
- Presentation slides for Floodplain Administrator 101 training workshop in Keene on December 9, 2019
- Presentation slides from the “Surveying in Floodplains” session at the NHLSA conference on December 6, 2019
- Presentation slides for Floodplain Administrator 101 training in Lancaster on November 7, 2019
- Presentation slides for Floodplain Administrator 101 training in Warren on August 29, 2019
- Presentation slides from the "Surveying in Floodplains" class in Portsmouth on May 31, 2019