Information about upcoming and on-going floodplain management training and education in New Hampshire and across the country.
Upcoming NFIP Training Opportunities
OSI is holding a free Floodplain Management Basics training webinar for community officials on Tuesday, June 8th from 10 to 11:30 am. The webinar will provide basic information and guidance about the NFIP, FEMA flood maps and studies, community floodplain regulations, and the responsibilities of an NFIP-participating community to remain in good standing in the program. To register, or for more information, contact Samara Ebinger of OSI at Samara.M.Ebinger@osi.nh.gov.
OSI, in partnership with UNH, is holding a “Surveying in Floodplains” training workshop as part of the UNH Professional Development & Training program. The online workshop will be held May 27th from 9am – 12pm and will provide a general overview of floodplain management and the NFIP. Participants will receive guidance and helpful tips about how to review and use flood maps and complete Elevation Certificates, learn how to apply to revise or amend the maps, and how to comply with NFIP floodplain regulations. To register, visit the UNH website.
Video Series: Floodplain Management Learning for Community Officials On Demand (FLOOD)
This new series of training videos developed by OSI for NH community officials focuses on key National Flood Insurance Program topics. Each video in the series will be about 30 minutes long.
- FEMA Flood Mapping Basics for Community Officials
- More to come!
Free Online NFIP and Community Rating System Training Webinars
Free online webinars are available through FEMA's contractor, STARR about various aspects of the NFIP including the Community Rating System. Many of the courses are eligible for CEC credits for Certified Floodplain Managers (CFM).
Visit this page to register or to check on upcoming courses (click the "Upcoming" tab). New Hampshire is in FEMA Region 1.
Free Online NFIP Self-Study Training Courses in Basic and Advanced Flood Insurance Topics
NFIP Training Workshop
- All Audiences
- Community Officials
- Surveyor Course
- Agent Courses
- Adjustor Courses
Mostly Free Onsite Floodplain Management and Emergency Management Courses
- Floodplain Management and Emergency Management Courses are offered by FEMA at the Emergency Management Institute in Emmitsburg, Maryland. All courses are free to State and Local personnel, including a reimbursement for your travel. Some courses that are offered include E273 "Managing Floodplain Development Through the NFIP", E278 "Community Rating System", and E194 "Advanced Floodplain Management Concepts." If you are interested in taking a course, please contact OSI's Floodplain Management Staff.
- View past recordings of recent OSI training webinars on OSI's YouTube Channel
- Presentation slides for Floodplain Administrator 101 training workshop in Keene on December 9, 2019
- Presentation slides for Floodplain Administrator 101 training in Lancaster on November 7, 2019
- Presentation slides for Floodplain Administrator 101 training in Warren on August 29, 2019