Information about upcoming and on-going floodplain management training and education in New Hampshire and across the country.
Upcoming NFIP Training Opportunities
- The next webinar in the NH Office of Planning and Development (OPD) Planning Lunches at Noon (PLAN) Monthly Webinar Series is "Floodplain Development Scenarios: Practical Examples for Community Officials" on Thursday, November 18, 2021 from 12 to 1:30 p.m. Jennifer Gilbert, Director of OPD and State Floodplain Management Coordinator, will discuss common floodplain development scenarios and the floodplain development requirements, which are included in the local floodplain regulations of 92 percent of New Hampshire’s communities that participate in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Discussion will also include the floodplain requirements in subdivision and site plan regulations and the additional variance criteria in local floodplain ordinances. To register, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line "Register for Floodplain Webinar" that includes your name, title, and affiliation/municipality.
Video Series: Floodplain Management Learning for Community Officials On Demand (FLOOD)
This new series of training videos developed by OSI for NH community officials focuses on key National Flood Insurance Program topics. Each video in the series will be about 30 minutes long.
- FEMA Flood Mapping Basics for Community Officials
- An Introduction to Substantial Improvements and Substantial Damage
- More to come!
Free Online NFIP and Community Rating System Training Webinars
Free online webinars are available through FEMA's contractor, STARR about various aspects of the NFIP including the Community Rating System. Many of the courses are eligible for CEC credits for Certified Floodplain Managers (CFM).
Visit this page to register or to check on upcoming courses (click the "Upcoming" tab). New Hampshire is in FEMA Region 1.
Free Online NFIP Self-Study Training Courses in Basic and Advanced Flood Insurance Topics
NFIP Training Workshop
- All Audiences
- Community Officials
- Surveyor Course
- Agent Courses
- Adjustor Courses
Mostly Free Onsite Floodplain Management and Emergency Management Courses
- Floodplain Management and Emergency Management Courses are offered by FEMA at the Emergency Management Institute in Emmitsburg, Maryland. All courses are free to State and Local personnel, including a reimbursement for your travel. Some courses that are offered include E273 "Managing Floodplain Development Through the NFIP", E278 "Community Rating System", and E194 "Advanced Floodplain Management Concepts." If you are interested in taking a course, please contact OSI's Floodplain Management Staff.
- View past recordings of recent OSI training webinars on OSI's YouTube Channel
- Presentation slides for Floodplain Administrator 101 training workshop in Keene on December 9, 2019
- Presentation slides for Floodplain Administrator 101 training in Lancaster on November 7, 2019
- Presentation slides for Floodplain Administrator 101 training in Warren on August 29, 2019