Information about upcoming and on-going floodplain management training and education in New Hampshire and across the country.
Upcoming NFIP Training Opportunities
- OSI is holding a free Floodplain Administrator 101 training workshop for local community officials in Lancaster on November 7th from 1pm to 4pm. The workshop is intended for community officials who administer and enforce floodplain regulations, review applications and/or issue permits for development in floodplain areas, and for other community officials who are interested in learning more about a community’s responsibilities as a participant in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). For more information or to RSVP, please contact Samara Ebinger of OSI at email@example.com or 603-271-1755.
Free Online NFIP and Community Rating System Training Webinars
Free online webinars are available through FEMA's contractor, STARR about various aspects of the NFIP including the Community Rating System. Many of the courses are eligible for CEC credits for Certified Floodplain Managers (CFM).
Visit this page to register or to check on upcoming courses (click the "Upcoming" tab). New Hampshire is in FEMA Region 1.
Free Online NFIP Self-Study Training Courses in Basic and Advanced Flood Insurance Topics
NFIP Training Workshop
- All Audiences
- Surveyor Course
- Agent Courses
- Adjustor Courses
Mostly Free Onsite Floodplain Management and Emergency Management Courses
- Floodplain Management and Emergency Management Courses are offered by FEMA at the Emergency Management Institute in Emmitsburg, Maryland. All courses are free to State and Local personnel, including a reimbursement for your travel. Some courses that are offered include E273 "Managing Floodplain Development Through the NFIP", E278 "Community Rating System", and E194 "Advanced Floodplain Management Concepts." If you are interested in taking a course, please contact OSI's Floodplain Management Staff.
- Presentation slides for Floodplain Administrator 101 training in Warren on August 29, 2019
- Presentation slides from the "Surveying in Floodplains" class in Portsmouth on May 31, 2019
- The NH Floodplain Management Program staff presented their Floodplain Administrator training for the NH Building Officials Association on January 9, 2019
- Presentation slides from the "Floodplain Administrator 101 Coastal Edition" training in Greenland on December 6, 2018