Information about upcoming and on-going floodplain management training and education in New Hampshire and across the country.
Upcoming NFIP Training Opportunities
- Please check back for upcoming training opportunities.
Video Series: Floodplain Management Learning for Community Officials On Demand (FLOOD)
This new series of training videos developed by OPD for NH community officials focuses on key National Flood Insurance Program topics. Each video in the series will be about 30 minutes long.
- FEMA Flood Mapping Basics for Community Officials
- An Introduction to Substantial Improvements and Substantial Damage
- More to come!
Free Online NFIP and Community Rating System Training Webinars
Free online webinars are available through FEMA's contractor, STARR about various aspects of the NFIP including the Community Rating System. Many of the courses are eligible for CEC credits for Certified Floodplain Managers (CFM).
Visit this page to register or to check on upcoming courses (click the "Upcoming" tab). New Hampshire is in FEMA Region 1.
Online Course: NFIP 101 – Introduction to Floodplain Management
This free course is intended for those new to floodplain management and provides local officials with the knowledge and skills to administer and enforce floodplain management regulations.
Visit this page to learn more about the course.
Free Online NFIP Self-Study Training Courses in Basic and Advanced Flood Insurance Topics
NFIP Training Workshop
- All Audiences
- Community Officials
- Surveyor Course
- Agent Courses
- Adjustor Courses
Mostly Free Onsite Floodplain Management and Emergency Management Courses
- Floodplain Management and Emergency Management Courses are offered by FEMA at the Emergency Management Institute in Emmitsburg, Maryland. All courses are free to State and Local personnel, including a reimbursement for your travel. Some courses that are offered include E273 "Managing Floodplain Development Through the NFIP", E278 "Community Rating System", and E194 "Advanced Floodplain Management Concepts." If you are interested in taking a course, please contact OPD's Floodplain Management Staff.
- View past recordings of recent OPD training webinars on OPD''s YouTube Channel
- Presentation slides for Floodplain Administrator 101 training workshop in Keene on December 9, 2019
- Presentation slides for Floodplain Administrator 101 training in Lancaster on November 7, 2019
- Presentation slides for Floodplain Administrator 101 training in Warren on August 29, 2019