Office of Strategic Initiatives - an official NH Government website
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
link to website translation page

Floodplain Map Changes

Application processes that are required to change FEMA's floodplain maps.

A Letter of Map Change (LOMC) is a letter that reflects an official revision to an effective Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM). FEMA issues LOMCs in place of the physical revision and republication of the effective FIRM.

Online LOMC Application

  • The Online LOMC Application is an internet-based tool that allows applicants to easily request a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) or Letter of Map Revision (LOMR) to a flood map.
  • It is a convenient way for applicants to upload all information and supporting documentation and check the status of their application online.
  • Users can submit LOMC requests and pay any associated fees, through this tool instead of filing the MT-EZ, MT-1 or MT-2 paper forms submitted through the mail.
  • Online LOMC Frequently-Asked-Questions pdf file
  • Online LOMC How-to-Guides


Out as Shown LOMAs

If a building is clearly outside of the boundary of a high risk flood zone (Zones A, AE, AO, or VE) on the FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Map but a lender is still requiring flood insurance for the property, the flood determination company used by the lender may have made the determination because a portion of the lot was partially within the flood zone even though the structure was not.

For that reason, you may need to request a Letter of Map Amendment pdf file – Out as Shown (LOMA-OAS) from FEMA in order for the lender to remove the flood insurance requirement for the structure. Unlike other LOMAs, a site survey and Elevation Certificate are generally not needed for a LOMA-OAS. This document provides details about the process and how to apply.

Other LOMC Guidance

Portable Document Format Symbol Portable Document Format (.pdf). Visit for a list of free .pdf readers for a variety of operating systems.

NH Office of Strategic Initiatives
Governor Hugh J. Gallen State Office Park
Johnson Hall, 3rd Floor  |  107 Pleasant Street  |  Concord, NH 03301
(603) 271-2155  |  fax: (603) 271-2615