An overview of New Hampshire's Floodplain Management Program and the information and services it offers
News and Updates:
- OSI is holding a free Floodplain Administrator 101 training workshop for local community officials this fall in Keene on December 9th from 1pm to 4pm. The workshop is intended for community officials who administer and enforce floodplain regulations, review applications and/or issue permits for development in floodplain areas, and for other community officials who are interested in learning more about a community’s responsibilities as a participant in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). For more information or to RSVP, please contact Samara Ebinger of OSI at email@example.com or 603-271-1755.
- Presentation slides for Floodplain Administrator 101 training in Lancaster on November 7, 2019
- The NH Silver Jackets Team, which includes representation from the NH Office of Strategic Initiatives, announces the release of the NH Flood Hazards Handbook for Municipal Officials. This new publication is designed to help communities prepare for, respond to, and recover from floods. It includes guidance, best practices, and information about available federal and state resources. Also included is a customizable Flood Response and Recovery Checklist that can be used by municipal officials to identify and manage priority activities when a flood does happen. The handbook is now available for download from the NH Silver Jackets website.
- The NH Floodplain Management Program has released an update to the State's Model Floodplain Management Ordinances. In addition, an accompanying notes document for each ordinance and a companion Menu of Higher Floodplain Regulation Standards were developed. All of the documents can be found on OSI’s Regulations page.
- Get the latest news about the National Flood Insurance Program and floodplain management topics in New Hampshire in the latest edition of our Flood Lines newsletter!
Information and Resources for:
- Community Officials
- Property Owners, Renters, Businesses
- Real Estate Professionals, Insurance Agents, and Lenders
- Surveyors, Engineers, Architects
- About the NH Floodplain Management Program
- Flood Insurance
- Flood Mitigation and Resiliency
- Floodplain Maps and Studies
- Training and Education
- NFIP Community Rating System (CRS)
- Newsletter and Fact Sheets
- Technical Information and Guidance
- Regulations and State Model Ordinances
- Other Agency & Organizations Links
For more information, contact:
Samara Ebinger, CFM
Assistant State Coordinator
Jennifer Gilbert, CFM, ANFI