An overview of New Hampshire's Floodplain Management Program and the information and services it offers
News and Updates:
- OSI is holding a free two-hour Floodplain Administrator 101 training workshop in Warren for interested community officials on August 29th from 6pm to 8pm. The workshop is intended for NH community officials who administer and enforce floodplain regulations, review applications and/or issue permits for development in floodplain areas, and for other community officials who are interested in learning more about a community’s responsibilities as a participant in the NFIP. The workshop will provide information and guidance about the NFIP, FEMA floodplain maps and studies, key floodplain regulations, and the responsibilities of the floodplain administrator and the community to remain in good standing in the NFIP. To RSVP, please contact Samara Ebinger at OSI at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-271-1755.
- FEMA is offering a free 2-day training course about the Community Rating System (CRS) for community officials and other interested parties on August 13-14, 2019 in Concord from 8:30am to 4:30pm. To register, or for more information, please contact Samara Ebinger at OSI at email@example.com or 603-271-1755.
- The NH Floodplain Management Program is pleased to announce the release of the State’s updated Model Floodplain Management Ordinances. In addition, an accompanying notes document for each ordinance and a companion Menu of Higher Floodplain Regulation Standards were developed. All of the documents can be found on OSI’s Regulations page.
- Get the latest news about the National Flood Insurance Program and floodplain management topics in New Hampshire in the latest edition of our Flood Lines newsletter!
Information and Resources for:
- Community Officials
- Property Owners, Renters, Businesses
- Real Estate Professionals, Insurance Agents, and Lenders
- Surveyors, Engineers, Architects
- About the NH Floodplain Management Program
- Flood Insurance
- Flood Mitigation and Resiliency
- Floodplain Maps and Studies
- Training and Education
- NFIP Community Rating System (CRS)
- Newsletter and Fact Sheets
- Technical Information and Guidance
- Regulations and State Model Ordinances
- Other Agency & Organizations Links
For more information, contact:
Samara Ebinger, CFM
Assistant State Coordinator
Jennifer Gilbert, CFM, ANFI