Coastal Floodplain Mapping, Regulations, and Resiliency
Information and resources about coastal floodplain mapping and regulations.
Coastal Floodplain Mapping Resources
Coastal Floodplain Management Regulations
- The NH State Building Code (effective September 15, 2019) references the International Building Code 2015 and International Residential Code 2015, which both include requirements for development occurring in Special Flood Hazard Areas, some of which exceed minimum NFIP requirements most especially in coastal areas. OSI’s fact sheet summarizes some of the key changes that now apply. FEMA has a list of Building Code Resources that provide information concerning the flood resistant provisions of the 2015 International Code Series®, highlights of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) 24-14, and the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) requirements.
- Using Coastal Flood Maps for Floodplain Management Tutorials (click on Tutorials tab at top of page)
- Identifying the BFE of a structure in Zone VE
- Identifying the BFE of a structure in Zone AE
- Identifying Lowest Floor Elevation of a structure in Zone AO
- Identifying the Flood Elevation of a structure in Shaded X zone.
- See Technical Information and Guidance for further guidance about coastal regulations
Coastal Flood Resiliency Resources
NH Coastal Flood Resiliency Resources and Organizations