An overview of New Hampshire's Floodplain Management Program and the information and services it offers
News and Updates:
- The NH Silver Jackets Team, which includes representation from the NH Office of Strategic Initiatives, announces the release of the NH Flood Hazards Handbook for Municipal Officials. This new publication is designed to help communities prepare for, respond to, and recover from floods. It includes guidance, best practices, and information about available federal and state resources. Also included is a customizable Flood Response and Recovery Checklist that can be used by municipal officials to identify and manage priority activities when a flood does happen. The handbook is now available for download from the NH Silver Jackets website.
- OSI is holding a free Floodplain Administrator 101 training workshop for local community officials in Lancaster on November 7th from 1pm to 4pm. The workshop is intended for community officials who administer and enforce floodplain regulations, review applications and/or issue permits for development in floodplain areas, and for other community officials who are interested in learning more about a community’s responsibilities as a participant in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). For more information or to RSVP, please contact Samara Ebinger of OSI at email@example.com or 603-271-1755.
- OSI, in partnership with the University of New Hampshire (UNH) Professional Development & Training program is offering a day-long Surveying in Floodplains workshop in Manchester on October 2nd from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm. It will provide a general overview of floodplain management and the NFIP and guidance and helpful tips about how to review and use flood maps and complete Elevation Certificates. Participants can receive 0.6 continuing education credits. To learn more and to register, visit the UNH website. The Surveying in Floodplain Presentation slides are now available.
- The NH Floodplain Management Program is pleased to announce the release of the State’s updated Model Floodplain Management Ordinances. In addition, an accompanying notes document for each ordinance and a companion Menu of Higher Floodplain Regulation Standards were developed. All of the documents can be found on OSI’s Regulations page.
- Get the latest news about the National Flood Insurance Program and floodplain management topics in New Hampshire in the latest edition of our Flood Lines newsletter!
Information and Resources for:
- Community Officials
- Property Owners, Renters, Businesses
- Real Estate Professionals, Insurance Agents, and Lenders
- Surveyors, Engineers, Architects
- About the NH Floodplain Management Program
- Flood Insurance
- Flood Mitigation and Resiliency
- Floodplain Maps and Studies
- Training and Education
- NFIP Community Rating System (CRS)
- Newsletter and Fact Sheets
- Technical Information and Guidance
- Regulations and State Model Ordinances
- Other Agency & Organizations Links
For more information, contact:
Samara Ebinger, CFM
Assistant State Coordinator
Jennifer Gilbert, CFM, ANFI