An overview of New Hampshire's Floodplain Management Program and the information and services it offers
The Office of Strategic Initiatives, (OSI) administers the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) in New Hampshire. OSI provides technical assistance and training to communities and the public on floodplain management and helps to promote sound land use planning techniques that will reduce flood losses. Learn more about the NH Floodplain Management Program and how the NFIP is administered in the state by viewing OSI’s interactive story map and the About the Program page.
OSI’s NH Flood Hazards Viewer is an online tool to view current, pending, and preliminary FEMA floodplain mapping for all NH communities (except those in Belknap County, which can be viewed using the FEMA Map Service Center). The Viewer allows a user to view and compare the latest effective and preliminary or pending FEMA flood hazard information along with parcel boundaries and contour data for most areas of the state.
News and Updates:
- OSI is hosting a two-part webinar series for community officials about making Substantial Improvement and Substantial Damage determinations. The webinars will be held on March 31st and April 14th from 10am to 11:30am. To register, please contact Samara Ebinger at Samara.M.Ebinger@osi.nh.gov.
- Updated flood maps for coastal portions of Rockingham County flood maps became effective on January 29, 2021. More information about the new maps is available on the Rockingham County Coastal Project page.
- Check out OSI’s new CRS 2021 Changes fact sheet about upcoming significant changes to the CRS program requirements for Class 8 and 9 communities in 2021.
- Get the latest news about the National Flood Insurance Program and floodplain management topics in New Hampshire in the latest edition of our Flood Lines newsletter!
Information and Resources for:
- Community Officials
- Property Owners, Renters, Businesses
- Real Estate Professionals, Insurance Agents, and Lenders
- Surveyors, Engineers, Architects
- Coastal Floodplain Mapping, Regulations, and Resiliency Resources
- Community Rating System (CRS)
- Flood Insurance
- Flood Mitigation and Resiliency
- Floodplain Maps and Studies
- Floodplain Permit Process, Applications and Certificates
- Floodplain Regulations and State Model Ordinances
- Join the NFIP
- Newsletter and Fact Sheets
- NH Flood Hazards Handbook for Municipal Officials
- Other Agency & Organizations Links
- Technical Information and Guidance
- Training and Education
For more information, contact:
Samara Ebinger, CFM