An overview of New Hampshire's Floodplain Management Program and the information and services it offers
News and Updates:
- The NH Coastal Adaptation Workgroup, in coordination with the NH Office of Strategic Initiatives, the NH Homeland Security and Emergency Management Office, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency, are offering a free Floodplain Administrator 101 training workshop targeted to coastal community officials and other interested stakeholders on December 6, 2018 from 9am to 3pm in Greenland, NH. Additional details are available in the workshop flyer.
- The NH Floodplain Management Program will be holding a Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) exam on December 13th from 1 to 4pm in Concord, NH for those interested in obtaining CFM certification. The Association of State Floodplain Managers (ASFPM) established the CFM program to recognize continuing education and professional development that enhances the knowledge of local, state, federal and private-sector floodplain managers. In order to take the CFM exam, you must complete the CFM application available on the ASFPM website and submit it to the address listed on the form. The fee for applying for the CFM certification is $100 for ASFPM members and $470 for non-members. You may submit an application for ASFPM membership ($160 for an individual) at the same time as applying for the exam and receive the member rate. ASFPM members also receive a discounted biennial fee for the CFM renewal. ASFPM also provides study guides to help you prepare for the exam which can be found on this page.
- Learn more about the New Hampshire Floodplain Management Program and how the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) is administered in our state using OSI’s new interactive story map.
- Get the latest news about the National Flood Insurance Program and floodplain management topics in New Hampshire in the latest edition of our Flood Lines newsletter!
Information and Resources for:
- Community Officials
- Property Owners, Renters, Businesses
- Real Estate Professionals, Insurance Agents, and Lenders
- Surveyors, Engineers, Architects
- About the NH Floodplain Management Program
- Flood Insurance
- Flood Mitigation and Resiliency
- Floodplain Maps and Studies
- Training and Education
- NFIP Community Rating System (CRS)
- Newsletter and Fact Sheets
- Technical Information and Guidance
- Regulations and State Model Ordinances
- Other Agency & Organizations Links
For more information, contact:
Samara Ebinger, CFM
Assistant State Coordinator
Jennifer Gilbert, CFM, ANFI