Includes list of upcoming and past planning and zoning training opportunities conducted or facilitated by the Planning Division.
OSI Annual Planning and Zoning Conference
2022 Monthly Webinar Series – Planning Lunches at Noon (PLAN)
Join the OSI Planning Division staff every third Thursday of the month from 12 to 1 pm to learn more about various planning and zoning topics. The topic for each PLAN webinar will be announced through Plan-link and posted below in advance of the webinar date.
Each PLAN webinar will be free and conducted live with a presentation and question and answer session. Each webinar will be recorded and available for viewing on OSI’s YouTube channel. The slides and handouts for each webinar will be available below prior to the webinar. A how-to-guide is available to assist attendees with accessing and using Microsoft Teams, which is the webinar system that will be used for this series.
Feedback on the webinars is welcomed and participants are encouraged to complete the anonymous Webinar Feedback Survey.
Upcoming PLAN Webinars
- December 15, 2022: Housing Supply Report
- November 17, 2022: Resilient Land Use Guide for NH
- October 20, 2022 Getting Ready for Town Meeting/Zoning Amendment Calendar
- September 19, 2022: MLUR Survey Results
- August 18, 2022: Economic Development Tools for Municipalities (ERZ, EDC, TIF, 79-E)
- July 21, 2022: Heritage/Historic Districts
Previous PLAN Webinars
- June 16, 2022: EngAGEing Communities in Planning for All: An Update on Age-Friendly Work Across the State
- May 19, 2022: No PLAN webinar due to 2022 Spring Planning and Zoning Conference.
- April 21, 2022: Infrastructure Investments: Paving the Way for Electric Vehicles
- March 17, 2022: Developments of Regional Impact - Best Practices for Board Members
- February 17, 2022: Housing Supply in New Hampshire: Trends and New Approaches
- New Hampshire’s Housing Supply: Current Estimates and Trends - 2021 Update
- Slides Link - Ken Gallager, OPD Housing Report
- Slides Link - Chris Parker, Dover Experience
- Transcription - Due to technical difficulties, a video recording of this webinar isn't available. A transcription of the recording is available in its place.
- January 20, 2022: Putting Your Master Plan to Work
If you would like to receive e-mails about upcoming PLAN webinars and other OSI training opportunities, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 - 2021 PLAN Webinar Series
- December 9, 2020: Overview of the 2019-2020 Municipal Land Use Regulations (MLUR) Survey Results
- January 8, 2021: Overview of the 2019 NH Housing Supply Report
- February 18, 2021: Digging into RSA 155-E – An Overview of the State’s Earth Excavations Law
- March 18, 2021: Regional Housing Initiatives Roundtable
- Slides Link
- Recording Link
- Regional Planning and Coordination are Critical to Addressing New Hampshire’s Housing Crisis (NHMA Town & City Magazine, March/April 2021)
- April 15, 2021: Welcome to the Board - An Introduction to Land Use Boards
- May 20, 2021: Broadband for Your Community - Getting Started
- June 17, 2021: What is a Technical Review Committee (TRC)?
- July 15, 2021: Meeting Mechanics of Land Use Boards
- August 19, 2021: It's Zoning Amendment Time (12 - 1:30 PM)
- Slides Link
- Recording Link - Due to technical difficulties, the slides shown during this webinar aren't visible in this recording. A copy of the slides can be accessed at the "Slides Link" above.
- Template for Proposed Zoning Amendment Language
- Zoning Amendment Timeline
- Best Practices & Tips for Getting Through the Zoning Amendment Process
- 2022 Zoning Amendment Calendars
- October 21, 2021: Taking a Look at the New 2020 Census Data for New Hampshire Communities
- Slides Link
- Recording Link
- Carsey School of Public Policy 2020 Census Publications
- Modest Population Gains, but Growing Diversity in New Hampshire with Children in the Vanguard
- New Census Data Reveal Modest Population Growth in New Hampshire Over the Past Decade
- Migration Gains to New Hampshire From Other U.S. States Are Growing, With the Largest Gains Among Young Adults
- New Hampshire Population Grew Last Year, Even Though Deaths Exceeded Births
- New Hampshire Demographic Trends in an Era of Economic Turbulence
- November 18, 2021: Floodplain Development Scenarios - Practical Examples for Community Officials (12 - 1:30 PM)
- December 16, 2021: An Introduction for Planners to the Registry of Deeds and Surveying in NH
OSI Planning and Zoning Basics Training
- Welcome to the Board - An Introduction to Land Use Boards
- Planning Board Basics
- Planning Board Roles and Responsibilities
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Zoning Board of Adjustment Decision Making Process
For other planning and zoning related conferences and events by OSI’s planning partners, please go to the Planning Conferences and Events page.