The Office of Strategic Initiatives (OSI) is part of the Executive Department within the Office of the Governor. Please contact us if you have any questions or need assistance or if you need directions to reach our office.
The Office of Strategic Initiatives is responsible for:
- Promoting the principles of smart growth at the state, regional, and local levels through the municipal and regional planning assistance program;
- Managing programs that provide community services such as heating fuel aid, floodplain management assistance, statewide population data information, and the availability of a statewide computerized geographic information system;
- Promoting energy efficiency and reducing energy costs by supporting programs for residents, state government buildings, businesses and industry, and schools and towns;
- Exploring opportunities to expand the use of renewable, domestic energy resources such as biomass, wind and solar energy;
- Promoting land use efficiency through a state comprehensive outdoor recreation plan and the monitoring of the state's investment in conservation land; and
- Supporting programs that focus on protecting and managing the natural resources of heavily populated areas of the state such as the coastal watersheds.
- Sitting on a number of across-state boards relating to energy and planning, including the Council on Resources and Development.