Special Holiday Visits to be Scheduled at Prisons
(Concord, NH) New Hampshire Department of Corrections Commissioner William L. Wrenn issued a directive pertaining to special holiday visits for inmates and members of their families. The visits will be allowed using the following stipulations.
- Inmates may invite up to a maximum of three adults and three children. The adults are identified as their parents and spouse. All guests must be previously approved on the inmate’s visiting list.
- Only light refreshments will be served.
- All holiday visits will be scheduled by the individual facilities based on their scheduling needs.
- Holiday visits will not count toward the inmate’s weekly allocation of visits.
- Inmates must submit any requests for waivers to the warden of the facility.
Commissioner Wrenn said, “This is about promoting family support for offenders.”