Forests and Lands Permits and Forms
Fire Permit - Fire permits can be obtained locally through the Forest Fire Warden, Deputy Warden's and Issuing Agents or through our online permit system. There is no charge to obtain a written permit from a Warden, Deputy Warden or Issuing Agent; there is a $3 fee to obtain a permit through the online system.
Ribes Permit - The NH Division of Forests and Lands, in cooperation with the USDA forest Service, Canadian Forest Service, Cornell University, UNH cooperative Extension and the NH Department of Agriculture, Markets & Foods has completed a study investigating the infestation of white pine blister rust on immune or resistant gooseberries and currant (Ribes) bushes throughout New Hampshire.
Information gathered suggests the blister rust disease has mutated in the northeast such that Ribes plants selected for genetic immunity to white pine blister rust are no longer immune. For this reason the Division of Forests and Lands jointly with the Department of Agriculture, Markets & Foods, has removed all immune black currant species from the list of approve plantings.
The new list of Ribes plants approved for planting in New Hampshire with a permit is as follows:
- Crandall - Plant is often grown for its ornamental, yellow flowers and red fall foliage.
- Rondom - From a breeding program in the Netherlands
- White Currant 1301 - High yielding, late. From Sweden.
GOOSEBERRY & GOOSEBERRY CROSSES
- Jostaberry - From Germany. Blackish fruits with bland flavor produced on thornless plants.
- Jahns Prairie - A joint USDA/Ag Canada release. Fruits are red and flavorful.
- Captivator, Careless, Clark, Crown Bob, Downing, Howards Lancer, Sabine
Click for a copy of the Ribes permit: RIBES PERMIT
The following forms are available at the State of New Hampshire online form portal:
- Basal Area Variance (click here for a downloadable copy for mailing Basal Area Variance Fact Sheet)
- Basal Area Extension (click here for a downloadable copy for mailing Fire Fighter Property Request Form)
- Fire Report
- Landowner Request for Natural Heritage Data (Datacheck)
- Permit to Float timber
- Timber Sale Mailing List
- Warden/Deputy Warding Training Registration Form