New Hampshire Department of Forest and Lands

Beebe River

Community Wildfire Protection

The Division of Forests and Lands, Forest Protection Bureau manages a variety of state and federal program available to communities to assist with wildfire protection.

Volunteer Fire Assistance Grants (VFA)

Funds are available for Volunteer Fire Assistance (VFA) grants to fire suppression organizations in communities of less than 10,000 in population. The Division of Forests and Lands receives funding from the United States Forest Service for the VFA Grant Program.

Federal Excess Personal Property Program (FEPP)

The FEPP Program enables the New Hampshire Division of Forests and Lands to acquire "on loan"from the federal government, property that assists the Division and Fire Departments in fulfilling their emergency response mission. That property includes such items as trucks, fire tools, hoses, vehicle parts, nozzles, generators and protective clothing.

Click here to visit the Community Assistance Page and get more information about the VFA and FEPP programs

Town Tool Program

This program allows towns to order fire equipment and personal protective equipment directly through the Division of Forests and Lands. Equipment can be ordered directly through the Forest Ranger or by contacting the Concord office at: 271-2214

"Town Tool List - The deadline for ordering equipment through the state town tool program for VFA grant equipment is June 1st as orders placed after June 1st will not arrive and be processed before the VFA August 30th deadline."

Prescribed Fire

Click here to visit the NH PRESCRIBED FIRE COUNCIL where you will find information useful toward planning and implementing prescribed fires

Additional Information

For additional information visit the Fire Warden's Page.

NH Department of Natural and Cultural Resources and the NH Division of Forests and Lands | 172 Pembroke Road, Concord, NH 03301