EXPLANATION FOR SOLE PROPRIETOR CHECKLIST:
1. OWNERSHIP OF PREMISE: MUST BE IN APPLICANT NAME ONLY- A copy
of the warranty deed or a lease agreement showing that you have the right to be occupying the premise
and are in control of the premises.
2. Bill of Sale or Lease for the Furniture, fixtures and equipment:
MUST BE IN APPLICANT NAME ONLY- Unless already stated in the above document, you will need
a document stating you either own or are leasing/renting the furniture fixtures and equipment.
3. CIGAR BAR: Bill of Sale For Humidor: MUST BE IN APPLICANT NAME ONLY- You will need a bill of sale
for the humidor.
4. IF AN ON-PREMISE LICENSEE AND YOU HAVE A DRAFT SYSTEM: MUST BE IN
APPLICANT NAME ONLY– will need a copy of the bill of sale with a $$ amount or lease for the draft system.
5. IF YOU ARE BUYING AN ALREADY LICENSED ESTABLISHMENT AND THERE IS
ALCOHOL: MUST BE IN APPLICANT NAME ONLY- will need a bill of sale with a $$ amount along with a
complete inventory of the stock by brand and type.
6. IF AN ON-PREMISE LICENSE: MUST BE IN APPLICANT NAME ONLY-must have a permit
of assembly showing the seating capacity allowed by the local fire department.
7. IF AN ON-PREMISE LICENSE: MUST BE IN APPLICANT NAME ONLY – must have a
food certification permit (health certificate) from the local or state health agency or a score sheet with a rating of
70 or above.
8. CERTIFICATE OF REGISTERED TRADE NAME FROM THE NH SECRETARY OF
STATES OFFICE: MUST BE IN APPLICANT NAME ONLY.
9. NOTARIZED AFFIDAVIT FOR THE SOLE PROPRIETOR – attached.
10. IF APPOINTING A MANAGER FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT MUST HAVE A LETTER
FROM SOLE PROPRIETOR - appointing person as manager and attach an affidavit for the manager
and or persons in charge.
11. COPY OF THE CERTIFICATE OF MTS TRAINING (if attended prior to getting
license)- Must be either designated manager in writing or owner.
12. DESIGNEE NOTIFICATION FOR MTS TRAINING FILLED OUT AND SIGNED BY
13. IF ON-PREMISE RESTAURANT LICENSE WE MUST HAVE A COPY OF YOUR MENU.
14. TOWN APPROVAL – need letter from town stating they have no objections to you having a liquor license
at this address (only need if within 15 days of submitting your request for application to us). Additional
permits (In the city/town of Salem, Manchester or Bedford must have a license issued by city/town for
operation on Sunday, in the town of Hudson must have a permit from the town of Hudson).
15. IF A COMBINATION LICENSE – must have proof of $3,000.00 wholesale grocery stock available to
public – must include milk (including dairy), bread, meat, (vegetables, fruits- canned or fresh), cereal and
snack food (soda, juice, water, candy, ice cream, pastries, chips, etc.).
16. IF ON-PREMISE LICENSE WANTING ENTERTAINMENT- letter from town stating they have
no objections to you having entertainment at your establishment.
17. IF THERE WAS A PREVIOUS LICENSE PRIOR TO YOU- need previous license, copy of
previous license, or trade name and license number of previous license.
18. IF SOMEONE OTHER THAN APPLICANT WILL BE SIGNING THE APPLICATION- must
have original power of attorney and affidavit for person with power of attorney.
CHECKLIST FOR DOCUMENTS NEEDED
Liquor License Applicant Checklist of Documents Required for Licensing
RSA 178:3 requires specific details for the qualification of the issuance of a NH Liquor License. As a Liquor License Applicant, you must provide copies of the following documents for consideration of licensure. The liquor license is issued by the NHSLC and all documents are retained at the Enforcement office of the NHSLC in Concord, NH.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST APPEAR IN THE PARTNER(S) –(APPLICANT) NAME.
1. ( ) Ownership of Premise: WARRANTY DEED, LEASE AGREEMENT –TO THE SOLE PROP.. On or Off Premise
2. ( ) Bill of Sale/Lease: FURNITURE, FIXTURES, and EQUIPMENT-TO THE SOLE PROP.. On or Off Premise
3. ( ) Cigar Bar: Bill of Sale for Humidor-TO THE SOLE PROPRIETOR. On-Premise
4. ( ) Bill of Sale/Lease: DRAFT SYSTEM-TO THE SOLE PROP.. On-Premise
5. ( ) Bill of Sale: ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES WITH A COMPLETE INVENTORY OF STOCK – On or Off Premise
TO SOLE PROP..
6. ( ) Permit of Assembly: CONTACT THE LOCAL FIRE DEPARTMENT –TO SOLE PROP.. On-Premise
7. ( ) Food Service Permit: CONTACT THE LOCAL OR STATE HEALTH AGENCY-TO SOLE PROP.. On-Premise
8. ( ) Certificate of Registered Trade Name: NH SECRETARY OF STATE (603-271-3242)- On or Off Premise
TO THE SOLE PROP.
9. ( ) Notarized Affidavit: For SOLE PROP. (section 5 must be initialed by affiant and it must On or Off Premise
10. ( ) Letter of Managerial Appointments with supporting affidavits or affidavits for Person In Charge. On or Off Premise
12. ( ) Designee Notification for MTS Training On or Off Premise
13. ( ) Menu-(restaurant licenses only). On-Premise
14. ( ) a. TOWN APPROVAL ( ) letter of approval ( ) 15 days-no letter ( ) Objection On or Off Premise
( ) b. Sunday license (Salem, Manchester and Bedford) or Special Permits (Hudson-Police Dept.).
15. ( ) Proof of $3,000.00 Wholesale Grocery Stock available to public-(combination licenses only), Off-Premise
7 Items: Meat, Vegetables, Fruit, Dairy (Milk), Bread, Cereal, Snack Food.
16. ( ) Entertainment approval from the Town. On-Premise
17. ( ) Previous License On or Off Premise
18. ( ) Original Power of Attorney and Original Affidavit- for any person or lawyer. On or Off Premise
OTHER INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW
The following information is NOT required to obtain a NH Liquor License, however the NHSLC feels we
should advise you of the following.The decision to acquire or dismiss the advice is purely your option.
n Federal Tax Stamp This stamp is required by the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and
Firearms. You can call 1800-398-2282 for further information.
n Rooms & Meals Operator License Contact the NH Department of Regulated Revenue at
n Purchase of Liquor on Credit If you desire to purchase liquor for the State of New Hampshire
on credit, you must contact the Accounts Receivable Department at (603) 271-2353.
n Town or City Approval Some New Hampshire cities and towns require additional approval to
meet city or town ordinances or local zoning laws. Check with your local city or town for
regulations on “Sunday Permits”, signage, entertainment, etc.
There are free educational programs offered to the public by the Enforcement Division of the
State Liquor Commission.
n T.E.A.M. designed for On-Sale Licensees and their employees.
n M.T.S. designed for all licensees and/or managers
n Cops in Shops
n Ready or Not ©
Check our website at www.nh.gov/liquor for dates, times and locations or feel free to call the
Community Outreach Unit at 603 271-8531.