For Consumers For Producers For Companies Legal Information License Status


Insure U Logo

For Producer/Adjusters > Letter of Certification or Clearance, Duplicate License or Change Address/Name
Resources Relating to Name/Address Changes, Letters of Clearance and Duplicate Licenses


  • Individuals - Name change requires proof from a governmental agency such as marriage/divorce decree, or similar document. No fee is required and new license will not be sent.
  • Business Entity- Name change without FEIN change: No fee is required and new license will not be sent. New name should be registered with New Hampshire Department of State Corporate Division. Changing FEIN: indicates a new or different legal entity. New application procedures apply.

Address Change (must be completed within 30 days of the change).

Address changes for Resident & Non-resident individual Producer and Adjusters can be filed electronically without a fee using the National Insurance Producer Registry The electronic system cannot be used for Business Entities at this time. A paper form is required.

Changing domicile state can be performed online at NIPR. Previous domicile/home state resident license must be inactive or must already be updated to show as non-resident. One cannot hold two active resident licenses at the same time.

Business Entities or individuals requiring manual change. Print Address Change Form Adobe Acrobat Reader Symboland mail to Licensing Division

E Mail Update

Letter of Certification (certifies current standing) no fee as of 07.19.16

Letter of Clearance (Proof of surrender of New Hampshire license)

Duplicate License

Change Adjuster Designated Home State

Change Designated Producer

  • Per RSA 402-J:6 IIb b) The business entity has designated a licensed producer responsible for the business entity's compliance with the insurance laws, rules, and regulations of this state. Adobe Acrobat Reader SymbolCHANGE DESIGNATED PRODUCER

Line of Authority Removal

Surrender, Terminate or Cancel a License

Please Contact the Licensing Division With Any Questions.

Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.


New Hampshire Insurance Department | 21 South Fruit Street, Suite 14 | Concord, NH 03301
Phone 603.271.2261 | Fax 603.271.1406 | Consumer Hotline 1.800.852.3416

Copyright © State of New Hampshire, 2007