NH Film and Television Office
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
link to website translation page

Frequently Asked Questions

Have a question that's not answered here? Please feel free to contact us.

Are permits required to film in New Hampshire?

There are no statewide general filming permits in New Hampshire. To film at state parks, on state highways, or in government buildings and historic sites, you will be required to complete special use permits for those impacted agencies. More on permitting for state properties here. Check with the town or city in which you are planning to film to see if they have any permitting requirements as each town can approach filming differently. Please be sure to contact local authorities and town officials should your production anticipate impeding traffic or interfering with the normal operations of surrounding businesses and community. We can assist you with this process.

Does New Hampshire offer tax credits/rebates for film production?

New Hampshire does not currently offer a tax credit/rebate for production. However, we feel there are still a number of great benefits to shooting your project here in New Hampshire. Click here for more information about benefits.

Can I get a copy of your Production Guide?

We no longer publish printed copies of the guide. Our Online Production Guide is the best way to provide you with the most current information on New Hampshire's production services and filming in The Granite State.

How do I list my company or services on the New Hampshire Crew and Services Directory?

New Hampshire-based individuals and companies can be listed in the directory. These listings are free of charge. We provide this list to productions looking for crew or service referrals. Visit our directory page for more information.

Can I have my property considered as a filming location?

Yes. If you feel your home, business, or land could be used for filming in a motion picture, television show or print media project, you can submit information regarding your property, including digital photos, to our Locations Library.

Do you provide funding for filmmakers?

We do not currently provide funding for film or other media production projects. You are encouraged to explore artist grants made available through the New Hampshire State Council on the Arts. There is also additional funding information listed on our Related Resources page.

I'm interested in getting work as an actor, can I send you my headshot?

We recommend that you contact one of the several casting and talent resources listed on our Crew and Services Directory. Be sure to check our News & Events Blog for any posts regarding casting notices. We will not forward headshots or resumes to projects.

I'm looking for employment opportunities in the film and television industry. Can you help?

Please check out our News & Events Blog and click on one of these labels: Crew Notice, Casting Notice or Opportunities for job postings both in front of and behind the camera as they arise. These notices are also posted to our Twitter and Facebook pages. For opportunities in the industry around New England, be sure to visit www.nefilm.com.

Are there employment opportunities at the New Hampshire Film Office?

There are no open positions at this time. Please visit the State of New Hampshire Human Resources website at admin.state.nh.us/hr for more information about employment opportunities within New Hampshire State Government.

New Hampshire Division of Film and Digital Media
19 Pillsbury Street  |  Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-2220  |  Fax: 603-271-3584
Email: film@nh.gov