Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
Official New Hampshire websiteskip navigation
Scenic photos
BTLA  banner image

Timber Tax

Growing timber is normally not assessed under the general property tax but rather is taxed by municipalities at 10% of its stumpage value (See RSA 79:1, III) when harvested pursuant to RSA 79:3. (See also generally RSA 79 and Current Use Board). After a timely abatement request has been filed with the assessing officials, owners liable for a timber tax may appeal to the board pursuant to RSA 79:8 and PART Tax 213.

Timber Tax Appeal Form Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol (Revised June 2015 )

PDF symbolAdobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.

Board of Tax and Land Appeals
Governor Hugh J. Gallen State Office Park | Johnson Hall | 107 Pleasant Street | Concord, NH 03301-3834
603.271.2578 | TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964 | email:

copyright 2008. State of New Hampshire