Who is eligible for admission to the Veterans Home?
George and Ray
- The applicant must have been honorably discharged from service from any of the armed forces, reserves or the NH Army/Air National Guard. (The applicant does not have to have served in combat or have a service-connected disability.)
- The applicant must have a) been a resident of the State of New Hampshire for at least one (1) year prior to the date of application or b) had New Hampshire listed as their "home of record" on their military discharge papers.
- There is no minimum age to be eligible to apply for admission.
- The applicant's condition(s) must be within the Home's resources and ability to treat and the applicant may not present potential harm to self or other residents.
- The applicant's financial assets must be less than $275,000.00. There is a one-year financial look-back period. If the applicant is married and has a house, the spouse may keep the house.
For more information, visit our Frequently Asked Questions section.