$230,000 Available for 2016 Conservation "Moose Plate" Grants
The State Conservation Committee has announced the 2016 Conservation "Moose Plate" Grant applications are available.
The 2016 SCC Conservation grant applicaitons will be due on September 25, 2015.
Download the SCC 2016 Grant Application Instructions
Download the SCC 2016 Grant Application Form Budget Form 1 Budget Form 2
Alternative SCC 2016 Grant Application formAlternative Budget Tables (Excel format)
For further information contact:
Dea Brickner-Wood, Administrator SCC Conservation Grant Program
(603) 868-6112, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the State Conservation Committee Conservation Grant Program:
The New Hampshire State Conservation Committee (SCC) is the state government agency responsible for managing the Conservation Grant Program. Competitive grants are awarded annually to physical and tangible environmental projects that foster stewardship and the sustainability of New Hampshire’s natural environment (RSA 261:97-c, III).
The Conservation Grant Program’s six focus areas include:
- Water Quality and Quantity: Restore, enhance, maintain or protect.
- Wildlife Habitat: Create, restore, enhance, manage or protect.
- Soil Conservation and Flooding: Reduce or prevent erosion or improve soils.
- Best Management Practices: Plan and implement for agriculture, storm or forestry.
- Conservation Planning: Accomplish a conservation project or outcome that includes a public involvement component.
- Land Conservation: Permanent land protection through conservation easement or fee aquisition and/or associated transaction and stewardship costs.
Eligible Grant Applicants include:
- County Conservation Districts
- County Cooperative Extension Natural Resources
- Municipalities, including agencies and commissions engaged in conservation programs
- Qualified nonprofit organizations engaged in conservation programs
- Public and private schools (kindergarten through Grade 12)
- Scout groups
Since 2000, the State Conservation Committee has funded over 160 conservation project in New Hampshire communities.
SCC 2015 Conservation Grant Recipients
SCC Conservation Grants Funded 2007-2014
About Moose Plate:
The SCC Conservation Grant Program is funded through the purchase of Conservation License Plates, known as "Moose Plates". All funds raised throught he purcvhase of Moose COnservation and Heritage Plates are used for the promotion, protection and investment in New Hampshire's natural, cultural and historic resources. To buy a Moose Plate, visit your municipal office and request one when registering your vehicle. Gift certificates may be purchased at www.mooseplate.com.
New Hampshire State Conservation Committee
P.O. Box 3907
Concord, NH 03302
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.
Microsoft Word format. You can download a free viewer from Microsoft.