The State of New Hampshire, in partnership with the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC), participates in State cybersecurity alert determinations. Listed below are alert level protocols as established by the MS-ISAC. The current cyber alert designation, as determined by the evaluation of cyber threats and attacks to State's technology resources, is noted above.
The alert level is set jointly by the Department of Safety, NH Information and Analysis Center (NH-IAC) and the Department of Information Technology, IT Security Group.
What is the Alert Indicator?
The Alert Indicator shows the current level of malicious cyber activity and reflects the potential for, or actual damage. The indicator consists of 5 levels:
1. Green or Low – Indicates a low risk. No unusual activity exists beyond the normal concern for known hacking activities, known viruses or other malicious activity.
2. Blue or Guarded – Indicates a general risk of increased hacking, virus or other malicious activity. The potential exists for malicious cyber activities, but no known exploits have been identified.
3. Yellow or Elevated – Indicates a significant risk due to increased hacking, virus or other malicious activity which compromises systems or diminishes service. At this level, there are known vulnerabilities that are being exploited with a moderate level damage or disruption.
4. Orange or High – Indicates a high risk of increased hacking, virus or other malicious cyber activity which targets or compromises core infrastructure, causes multiple service outages, multiple system compromises or compromises critical infrastructure. At this level, vulnerabilities are being exploited with a high level of damage or disruption.
5. Red or Severe – Indicates a severe risk of hacking, virus or other malicious activity resulting in wide-spread outages and/or significantly destructive compromises to systems with no known remedy or debilitates one or more critical infrastructure sectors. At this level, vulnerabilities are being exploited with a severe level or wide spread level of damage or disruption of Critical Infrastructure Assets.