View enlarged Seasonal Marine Patrol Officer Trainee recruiting poster
Upcoming Testing Dates
- October 13, 2012
- October 27, 2012
- November 10, 2012
- December 8, 2012
The DEADLINE for submitting applications is November 30, 2012.
All testing will be conducted at Police Standards and Training in Concord, NH at 8:00 a.m.
Send applications to:
NH Department of Safety
ATTN: Human Resources
33 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03305
The Seasonal Marine Patrol Officer Trainee may be assigned to working any of the patrol areas located throughout the State. Throughout their patrol season, officers may be called upon to perform any or all of the following duties:
- Patrol assigned areas using State patrol boats.
- Respond to emergencies and other calls for assistance.
- Enforce State boating and criminal laws.
- Investigate boating accidents and drownings.
- Conduct inspections of commercial boats and testing of commercial boat operators.
- Conduct Boating Safety Education Classes.
- Install, maintain, and remove State marine aids to navigation.
- Conduct criminal investigations and generate cases for prosecution.
- Interact with other law enforcement and safety agencies.
||$14.69/hour - effective January 2, 2009
Because the position of Seasonal Marine Patrol Officer Trainee is a certified part-time police officer in the State of New Hampshire, the minimum requirements are accordingly demanding.
- Minimum 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
- US Citizen.
- No criminal convictions.
- Valid driver license.
- High school graduate or GED
- Good physical health.
- Ability to attend and successfully complete marine patrol training.
- Ability to work varied shifts, weekends and holidays throughout the summer months.
- Desirable Applicant Traits.
|Other Beneficial Traits for an Applicant to Possess Include:
- Previous law enforcement experience or training.
- Previous boating experience.
- Knowledge of New Hampshire lakes and waterways.
- Possess a vehicle capable of towing a state patrol boat.
|Employment Selection Process:
- Trainee submits a completed application.
- Application is reviewed.
Then the following are administered:
- Written examination .
- Physical Agility Test .
- Psychological evaluation.
- Medical examination.
- Drug Screening.
- Background investigation.
- Marine Patrol classroom training.
- Marine patrol practical on-the-water training.
- Field training officer review.
- Probationary assignment of patrol duties.
- Attendance of New Hampshire part-time Police Officer Academy.
- Swim Test – 100 Meters.
To be considered for a position, a State application must be completed. Resumes will not substitute for a fully completed State application. Employment applications may be obtained in the following ways:
- Download in PDF format.
- Download in MS Word.
- Contact Marine Patrol at: (603) 293-2037
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.
Microsoft Word format. You can download a free reader from Microsoft.
Microsoft PowerPoint format. You can download a free reader from Microsoft.