- To preserve and protect human life, property and the rights of all people in accordance with the constitution and laws of the United States and the state of New Hampshire.
- To design and implement prevention strategies and aggressively enforce the state laws, Federal Motor Carrier Rules, Dealer and Inspection Rules and Title Fraud Rules.
- To protect the environment by improving the quality of air by regulating vehicle emissions utilizing diesel emissions testing and the OBD II inspection station program.
Troop G has four distinct sections:
Driver Licensing Task Force
- Monitors, investigates and enforces the laws and rules governing the operations of school buses.
- Monitors, investigates and enforces the laws and rules governing state-certified driver education instructors.
Field Enforcement Section
- Monitors, investigates and enforces the laws and rules governing the operations of new and used automotive dealerships and inspection stations.
- Examines salvage vehicles for title reassignment.
- Conducts classroom instruction and practical examination of persons seeking certification as automotive safety inspectors.
Motor Carrier Enforcement Section
- Enforces Federal Motor Carrier Safety Rules and Regulations and state laws.
- Investigates crashes involving commercial motor vehicles.
- Administers the New Entrant Safety Assurance Program.
- Investigates the fraudulent use and submission of documents to the Division of Motor Vehicles and the state of New Hampshire.
- Investigates Fraudulent Documents, Residency Fraud, Registration Fraud, Odometer Fraud, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Cloning, and Theft by Deception related to the sale and distribution of motor vehicles.