Mandatory Boating Education
New Hampshire has a mandatory boating education law. Everyone 16 years of age and older who operates a motorboat over 25 horsepower on New Hampshire waters must have a boating education certificate.
New Hampshire accepts the following boating education certificates:
- A boating certificate issued by another State agency and NASBLA approved.
- A boating certificate issued by the US Power Squadron.
- A boating certificate issued by the US Coast Guard Auxiliary.
- An unexpired commercial boating license issued by the US Coast Guard.
- An unexpired commercial boating license issued by the State of New Hampshire.
If you wish to operate a motorboat on New Hampshire waters and you do not have any of the above certificates, please sign up for one of our classroom courses listed below. The State proctored examination is included with the classroom course and is given during the last hour of the class.
Updated – June 19, 2013
Boating Education Class Schedule
Boating Education Proctored Exam Schedule
Preregistration is required. There will be a non-refundable fee of $30.00 for the class and a $10.00 fee for the permanent card. To register or for more information, call 1-888-254-2125 or 603-267-7256.