EMERGENCY EDUCATION NETWORK
1998 BROADCAST YEAR
NEW PROGRAMMING FOR 1997
Beginning on February 19, 1997 and continuing on the third Wednesday of each month, EENET will broadcast "National Alert," a 90-minute program including 1 hour of the latest training and information of interest to the emergency management and first responder professionals, and 1/2 hour of related videotapes for locally-produced training programs. "National Alert" will include monthly segments on:
- The national "hot topic" in emergency management
- A special segment for first responders
- Three training features produced by a national network of fire/police/EMS/emergency management professionals
- Latest news from the National Emergency Training Center (Emergency Management Institute and National Fire Academy)
- Latest news from FEMA and other Federal agencies regarding emergency management activities, problems and issues nation-wide
This hour-long magazine format broadcast will be followed immediately with an additional 30-minutes of training videos, PSA’S, etc. for local use.
In addition, EENET will continue to broadcast traditional, interactive video conferences, seminars and courses from Emmitsburg, Maryland, and occasional "special" broadcasts from other locations nation-wide. Due to scheduling and production requirements, most of these programs will occur on Thursdays.
Periodic updated Schedules will be provided showing the latest in program topics and content, schedules and satellite downlink information.