The rules formerly part of the NH State Fire Code have been separated from the State Fire Code and now stand alone by themselves.
ON-LINE VIEWING OF PYROTECHNICS RULES
DOWNLOADABLE ADOBE VERSION OF PYROTECHNIC RULES
SPECIAL EFFECTS PERMIT APPLICATION CHECKLIST
Complete applications with supporting documentation according to NFPA 1126, Standard for the Use of Pyrotechnics before a Proximate Audience and NFPA 160, Standard for Flame Effects before an Audience.
- Complete the application from the Office of the State Fire Marshal (DSFS # 79)
- Provide a copy of the operator’s resume.
- Provide copies of all licenses (ATF, local, state).
- Provide a copy of proof of insurance certificate.
- Provide copies of all Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Provide a detailed diagram with the number and types of devices, locations, with distances to audiences clearly marked.
- Provide all flame-retardant certificates for scenery and curtains.
- Provide a description of all storage and assembly areas on-site.
- Provide a copy of the venue Place of Assembly Permit.
- Provide a summary of all assistant's responsibilities.
- Receipt and storage of all pyrotechnic material at the venue shall be by a licensed handler. (FAC 5008.03 and 5007.01)
Submit the COMPLETED application with all supporting documentation to the State Fire Marshal at least two (2) weeks in advance of the show.
Upon satisfactory review of all supporting documentation, plan for a complete demonstration on-site prior to the event.
NFPA 160, Standard for Flame Effects Before an Audience, and NFPA 1126, Use of Pyrotechnics before a Proximate Audience are adopted pursuant to NH RSA 153:5. Violations are punishable pursuant to NH RSA 153:24.
Special Effect Permit Applications can be obtained by contacting the local fire department, or by contacting the New Hampshire State Fire Marshal’s Office at (603)271-3294.