For gas fitters the rules require that all licensees show proof of at least eight (8) hours of continuing education prior to renewal of the license. Licensees must complete three hours of instruction on NFPA 54 and five hours of general gas training each renewal cycle. Late or expired renewals past 120 may take a licensing challenge exam.
For plumbing renewals all licensees need to show proof of three (3) hours of code update every year. For two (2) year license holders that would be six (6) hours.
Approved schools for educational Instruction for fuel gas licensing are as follows:
- CETP (Certified Employee Training Program)
- Granite State Trade School
- NATE approved from December 2007- however, no longer accepted as of July 2014 for in-state applicants. Out of state applicants certified in NATE shall be deemed qualified for licensure in NH - the NATE Certification must have been obtained when they were employed as fuel gas fitter out of NH.
- The JLV School after July 2012
- The NH School of Mechanical Trades after October 2012
- Manchester Community College after May 2013
LIST of Training Providers (Gas)
List of Seminar Providers (Plumbing)