A Motorcycle Dealer License is for any person who has an established place of business within this state, who sells five (5) or more motorcycles in a 12 month period retail to the general public.
- Retail vehicle License fee $125 due at the time of Application for Retail Dealer License and Registration (additional fees will be assessed upon approval).
- Original service agreement with a New Hampshire Inspection Station, if you do not have your own.
- Original $25,000 Dealer Bond in the name of the business and at the legal business address.
- Lease - Copy in the name of the owner/business.
- Criminal background check of each owner from New Hampshire and state of residency.
- Established place of business.
- 750 square feet or primarily in the business of selling vehicles.
- Permanent heating system and electrical outlets to state code.
- Regular business hours, minimum of 37½ per week between the hours between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Signage must be visible from a public way with 10 inch letters.
- Approval from local authorities is required (the dealer desk will send a municipal letter to the town/city for their written approval).
- Can sell Retail, Wholesale or exchange vehicles.
- Plates cannot be put on vehicles unless they are in the dealership's name, always for sale and pass NH state inspection.
Upon approval, prior to issuance of plates, dealers must takea dealer/title review class of state laws and rules.
New Hampshire Laws pertaining to Motorcycle Dealers:
- RSA 259:29-a
- RSA 259:89-a
- RSA 261:112