Warning: Late payments may not be made online. Please contact the Division of Motor Vehicles if payment is past due.
- Failure to respond to a summons by the date shown on the front of the summons, or failure to appear for any hearing scheduled with regard to the summons, or failure to pay any fine or penalty or comply with any order with regard to a summons, will result in the following penalties:
- A $50.00 administrative fee will be added to your fine (RSA 502-A-19-b).
- Your driver's license and/or driving privileges in this state will be suspended by the Division of Motor Vehicles (effective 30 days from the date of such failure) without further notice (RSA 263:56-a), and a bench warrant for your arrest may also be issued.
- If you pay your fine or any other penalty with a bad check, your driver's license and/or driving privileges in this State will be suspended by the Division of Motor Vehicles and an additional bad check fee and bank processing fee will be added to your fine. Additionally, issuance of a bad check is either a felony or a misdemeanor (RSA 638:4) punishable by a fine up to $1,000 and/or one year in jail.
- Once your license is suspended, you will be charged an additional $100.00 by the Division of Motor Vehicles. This fee must be paid before your driving privileges will be restored (RSA 263:56-a).