Driver Licensing > Non-US Citizen > Permanent Residents, Asylee, Refugee, Employment Authorization Card
Permanent residents, I-551, asylees, refugees and Employment Authorization Card (EAD or OPT) holders who wish to apply for a New Hampshire driver license or a non-driver's identification card must submit an application to the Concord DMV office and provide the following documents:
- Immigration Status
Must provide an original Social Security Card and one of the following:
- Valid permanent resident card issued by the Bureau of Citizenship & Immigration Services (BCIS).
- Valid I-94 departure card indicating refugee or asylee status.
- Valid employment authorization card (EAD or OPT), a current employment verification letter dated within sixty (60) days, including dependant names. An offer letter or employment contract will not be accepted.
- Valid passport, visa and I-551 stamp.
- Driver License Status
- Provide valid out-of-state, U.S. Territory, Canadian, or French driver license; or
- Successfully complete and pass a vision, written and road test. Please note that if you are under 18 years old you must complete a Driver Education course.
- Proof of New Hampshire Residency If you were settled through an agency such as Lutheran Services, you may bring in a residency affadavit from that agency.