Driver Licensing > Non-US Citizen > Permanent Residents, Asylee, Refugee, Employment Authorization Card
Permanent residents, I-551, asylees, refugees and Employment Authorization Card (EAD) holders who wish to apply for a New Hampshire driver license or a non-driver's identification card must submit an application to the Concord DMV office and provide the following documents:
- Immigration Status
Must provide an original Social Security Card and one of the following:
- Valid I-94 departure card indicating refugee or asylee status.
- Valid passport, visa and I-551 stamp with at least sixty (60 days) left before expiration.
- Valid permanent resident card or valid employment authorization card (EAD) issued by the Bureau of Citizenship & Immigration Services (BCIS) with at least sixty (60 days) left before expiration.
- Driver License Status
- Provide valid out-of-state, U.S. Territory, Canadian, or French driver license; or
- Successfully complete and pass a vision, written and road test.
- Proof of New Hampshire Residency for the type of driver license or non-driver identification card you are applying for (REAL ID compliant or non-compliant)