Filing a Complaint
All filings, including complaints are accomplished, by first class mail or hand delivery to the board clerk. Electronic transmission via fax or communication by e-mail will not be accepted.
Filings are to be addressed to:
Motor Vehicle Industry Board
Department of Safety
33 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03305
Filing of a complaint must be accompanied by the $1,500 filing fee in the form of a bank draft made payable to NH Motor Vehicle Industry Board. Complaints should be as specific as possible and include but not be limited to:
- Names and addresses of all parties involved.
- Citation of statutory sections.
- Description of facts giving rise to the complaint and establish that the complaint was filed within the time period applicable to the statutory section.
- Outcome sought.
- Attached supporting documentation including all applicable sales agreements.
Once the complaint is accepted for filing, parties will be required to attend a pre-hearing conference. All complaints and all other filings in a Board’s adjudicative proceeding shall be submitted in the form of an original and eight copies with an additional copy being served directly on the opposing parties. A certificate of service shall appear on each document verifying the opposing party has been served.
- Warranty charge-backs.
- Incentive and reimbursement program charge-backs.
- Change of dealer’s relevant market area.
- Dealership terminations or failure to renew.
- Relocating an existing or new dealer in the relevant market area of another dealer.
- Manufacturer engaging in action which is arbitrary, in bad faith, or unconscionable which causes damage.