All pharmacy technicians working in New Hampshire pharmacies must be registered with the Board of Pharmacy. A pharmacy technician is defined as a person employed by a pharmacy who may assist in performing (under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist) manipulative, non discretionary functions associated with the practice of pharmacy and other such duties and subject to such restrictions as the Board has specified.
A registration certificate will be issued, by the Board, to each registered technician. Certificates should be posted/kept on file in the prescription department area of the pharmacy you are employed by.
Pharmacy Technician Address/Employer/Name Changes
Report name, address, or employment changes, as required by Ph 804.01, to the Board.
General Information on a Career as a Pharmacy Technician
Visit www.pharmacytechnician.net for general information on a career as a pharmacy technician.
Resources for Pharmacy Technician Education
Visit http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/vocational-trade-school/pharmacy-technician/ for online educational resources.
Information on Optional National Pharmacy Technician Certification
Note from NH Board of Pharmacy: Pharmacy Technician certification is optional in NH at this time.
Only registration with the NH Board of Pharmacy is required by state law for NH pharmacy technicians.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) - Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT). The Pharmacy Technician Certification Board was established in January 1995 through a year-long effort by the founding organizations - the American Pharmaceutical Association (APhA), the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), the Illinois Council of Health-System Pharmacists (ICHP), and the Michigan Pharmacists Association (MPA) - to create one consolidated voluntary national certification program for pharmacy technicians.
Tel. #: (202) 429-7576 -
Web Site: www.ptcb.org
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA) - Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT). The Pharmacy Technician Certification Program is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA). Technicians who pass the (ExCPT) Pharmacy Exam are granted the title of Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT). Our program was established by the Institute for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ICPT) which is now a part of NHA. All content previously found on NationalTechExam.org is now available on nhanow.com. Web Site: www.nhanow.com
- Pharmacy Technician’s University - www.pharmacytechniciansuniversity.com - Website devoted to the initial training of pharmacy technicians and to assist technicians in passing their national certification examination. Pharmacy Technician’s University is a pharmacy technician training program presented entirely online.
- Pharmacy-Technician.net - Pharmacy-Technician.net is a web site offering information on training programs available to earn your optional national pharmacy technician certification.
- TechLectures.Com - TechLectures.Com is a web site offering continuing education programs specifically for the pharmacy technician and review workbooks/courses for the national pharmacy technician certification exam.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.