Lot Line Adjustments | Minimum Road Access Requirements (RSA 674:41) | Subdivision Regulations | Village Plan Alternative Subdivision
Lot Line Adjustments
Minimum Road Access Requirements (RSA 674:41)
- Minimum Road Access Requirements
From Chapter 7 of A Hard Road to Travel: New Hampshire Law of Local Highways, Streets and Trails, LGC 2004
- RSA 674:41 - 'State Zoning'
From Chapter III-a of Preemption of Local Regulation: Ejected from Your Own Game! NHMA Law Lecture #2, by Attorney Matthew R. Serge, Upton & Hatfield, LLP and Attorney C. Christine Fillmore, Fall 2011
- RSA 674:41 Erection of Buildings on Streets; Appeals.
- List of towns with Access Management regulations , as self-reported by municipalities responding to the annual OEP survey of municipal information.
- The Planning Board in New Hampshire - A Handbook for Local Officials
- Subdivision and Site Plan Review Handbook - Southwest Region Planning Commission
- Subdivision Regulations , as self-reported by municipalities responding to the annual OEP survey of municipal information.
- Emile Bussiere v. A. Roland Roberge & a., 142 NH 905 (1998)
- A planning board may adopt a more restrictive definition of "subdivision" than provided in RSA 672:14.
"Where 'subdivision' is defined by regulation more restrictively or narrowly than it is by statute, the regulation's definition governs. "Cities and towns have only such powers as the State grants them… We have held that a town, in exercising its powers to regulate, may not expand upon the legislative definition of 'subdivision'. Certainly a town may, [however,] through adoption of an ordinance, choose to exercise less power than that granted by the State legislature."Dearborn v. Town of Milford, 120 NH 82, 84, 411 A.2d 1132, 1133--34 (1980) (citations omitted). We therefore reject the defendants' contention that the trial court impermissibly effected a subdivision of the property as defined by the subdivision regulation."
- See a Plan-link posting and reply of the applicability of this case relative to the definition of 'subdivision' and condominium conveyance.
Village Plan Alternative Subdivision
NH Office of Energy and Planning
Governor Hugh J. Gallen State Office Park
Johnson Hall, 3rd Floor | 107 Pleasant Street | Concord, NH 03301
(603) 271-2155 | fax: (603) 271-2615