FEMA's Flood Insurance Studies
A Flood Insurance Study (FIS) is developed in conjunction with the Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM). The FIS contains a narrative of the flood history of a community and discusses the engineering methods used to develop the FIRMs. The study also contains flood profiles for studied flooding sources and can be used to determine Base Flood Elevations for some areas.
All FISs can be viewed on FEMA's Map Service Center or PDF versions of the FISs for communities in all counties except Belkanp can be viewed and downloaded from UNH's GRANIT Web site.
Technical and administrative support data associated with an FIS may be available by request from FEMA's Project Library or the FEMA Region 1 office in Boston.
NH Flood Studies and Data
High Flows in NH and VT from Tropical Storm Irene Estimated by USGS
Suncook River Studies
- Flood-Inundation Map Web-Based Tool for the Suncook River for Chichester, Epsom, Allenstown, and Pembroke
- Flood-Inundation Report for the Suncook River in Epsom, Pembroke, Allenstown, and Chichester, NH (USGS SIM 3196)
- Analysis of the Transport of Sediment by the Suncook River in Epsom, Pembroke, and Allenstown, New Hampshire, after the May 2006 Flood (USGS Report 2011-5088)
- Flood Study of Suncook River in Epsom, Pembroke, and Allenstown, NH (USGS Report 2010-5127)
- Suncook River Geomorphology-based Restoration Alternatives Analysis Final Report (May 2008)
USGS Estimation of Flood Discharges at Selected Recurrence Intervals for Streams in NH
Comprehensive Flood Management Study Commission (NH House Bill 648)
Investigation of April 2007 Flood in Southern and Southeastern New Hampshire
April 2007 Flood Data
May 2006 Flood Report
October 2005 Flood Report and Data